style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I was reading one of your threads here;

/forum/showthread.php?352988-Damage-caused-by-collapsible-bollards-any-liability (sorry, wont let me add full link)

and a similar thing happened to me the other day, except it has caused a lot of damage to my door as well as the cill. I was told by a passer-by that I was not the first to do it. Basically, there were five removable posts, 4 of the 5 have been removed and this bleeding one remained.

As I was crossing over a lowered kerb to enter the car park I was mindful of not hitting any pedestrians who were crossing the pavement and simply did not see this low down bollard, I’m fairly sure one of these pedestrians was obscuring it, just as I started my turn into the car park.

When I went into the shop to complain they said they couldn’t find the key and that everyone else had managed to avoid it (I know this is not entirely true regarding everyone else managing to avoid it). Granted if you have prior knowledge of the danger being there you would miss it, but I had never been to that car park before. How do you find out who is responsible for the car park or should I give up now?

Edited by Swifters

Phew, that looks to be the size of a kid :!:.

Just think yourself lucky it wasn't.

Thanks for that helpful reply! How many kids do you know that are 18inchs tall? Plus I think you mean thank!

Thank yourself lucky? - Nah. Doesn't work for me.

Vertically challenged? - Only when I'm drunk.

18 inches? - That wheel and tyre combination is around 24 inches. The same height as the bollard. The same height as some kids. The ones that have grown from 18 inches, that is.

Helpful reply? - Should have gone to Specsavers.

yeah,must be blind to miss that in daylight,lol!

I'm hoping there are more helpful people on here as opposed to a person who has an unhealthy obsession with child protection and his side kick. I was turning left and was mindful of not hitting any pedestrians as I crossed the cross over. As stated previously, I was not the first person to make this mistake and probably not the last.

dunno what you mean about "sidekick",Im not anyones sidekick.Youve posted a statement on a consumer forum stating how youve damaged your van against a bollard and how bad that is,youve also posted a picture of a yellow transit van and a bollard at least 2 foot high,nearer a metre and asking folk what you can do about it??...chalk it down to experience and move on and try and take a lot more care when you are turning left in a transit van because they all have a bad blind spot there as everyone thats ever driven a transit van will tell you. cheers

I think you could knock the worst of the dent out with a large hammer.

And it looks like the nearest matching paint - at least on this screen - is Halfords Mustard yellow

Cat. code: 453712-0 - compatible to Vauxhall manufacturer's codes: 56L, 475.

If you ran into a low wall would you be questioning its position?

My 2 year old daughter was killed by a motorist crossing into a private car park and the driver claimed he hadnt seen her. Well, she was on the pavement with her mother at the time and another motorist was screaming at the driver before the fatal impact. You lost any sympathy from me when you decied to insult other posters who thought you owed some duty of care to yourself, let alone anyone else.

Anyone?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42773[/ATTACH]

If you in all honesty didnt see this big pole sticking out of the ground, then you need to have gone to specsavers or give up your driving licence. What would you have done if this had been a small child?

That may sound harsh, but you do not have a leg to stand on with any claim here. As already advised, other people managed to avoid it perfectly well. You cannot use the excuse that you crashed into it because you had never been there before. The onus is on YOU, the driver, to be aware of everything going on. If that is difficult for you, then perhaps get some refresher driving lessons.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D