Discretionary Housing Payment

LashieLand
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I recently applied for a discretionary housing payment after my rent arrears hit £600. I've been awarded a payment from April 2012 to September 2013. I've been informed by my landlord that they (my local council) have so far made a payment of £1,100 for the period 12th April 2012 to 17th March 2013, then payments will be made monthly until September 2013. My question is regarding the money I struggled to pay during this period. Although I fell into arrears, I still made payments (for my son who is unwell but not in receipt of any benefits as he refuses to leave the house or claim any form of benefits)to my landlord and wanted to know if there is anyway I can claim this back. (the money I paid during the period, not the DHP money) I don't mean to sound greedy but I had to sell my washing machine and fridge to make payments on the rent and struggles to pay other bills and food when all along there was help out there for me. My son is now receiving help from social services so fingers crossed he will be on the road to recovery. I hope the above makes sense and am greatful for any help you can offer.

Thank you.

if your rent account is in credit, your landlord should refund the credit to you

it makes no difference as to whether the credit was due to payments you made, HB or DHP

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.