Breaking News on Benefit Cap

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies for cap letters, just C&P from FB group Atos Miracles:

BREAKING NEWS ON BENEFIT CAP....courtesy of Paula Peters who was present for PIP stuff today!

as you all know the cap is:

£350 single person

£500 couples and single parents.

Exemptions are ESA Support Group,DLA/PIP

those benefits included in the cap are the following;

JSA

SDA

HOUSING BENEFIT

COUNCIL TAX BENEFIT

ESA WRAG GROUP

INCOME SUPPORT INC DISABILITY PREMIUM

INCAPACITY BEN

BEREAVEMENT ALLOWANCE

CARERS ALLOWANCE

WIDOWS ALLOWANCE

THIS CAP WILL INCLUDE ALL THE ABOVE SO YES YOU WONT GET MORE A WEEK THAT £350 OR £500 TO PAY EVERYTHING YOU NEED AND THOSE WORKING ON LOW WAGES IF THEY EARN OVER THE CAP ,IT WILL BE TAKEN OFF ANY HB YOU GET AT PRESENT

UNIVERSAL CREDIT:

WORKING TAX CREDITS SCRAPPED APRIL2014

ATOS NOT ALLOWING AUDIO ASSESSMENT RECORDINGS BUT YOU CAN USE A ADVOCATE TO SPEAK ON YOUR BEHALF

NEW CLAIMS START OCT BUT MAYBE DELAYED

INDEF/LIFETIME 2015

ONUS ON CLAIMANT TO GATHER EVIDENCE

PIP WILL USE ONLINE TRACKER SYSTEM AND THOSE WHO CANNOT HEAR OR SPEAK WILL BE ABLE TO USE A APPOINTTEE WITH CLAIMANTS PERMISSION.

YOU WILL GET PHONECALL USING TRACKER FOR ALL OTHERS WHICH YOU WILL BE ASKED A LOT QUESTIONS (18PAGES) BEFORE THE CLAIM FORM IS SENT OUT.

3MTH QUALIFYING TEST FOLLOWED BY 9MTH PROSPECTIVE TEST THIS MEANS A YEAR IN TOTAL AND THOSE WITH FLUCTUATING CONDITIONS WILL BE AFFECTED BY THIS NONSENCE

INFO RECEIVED FROM KATHERINE MARSHALL

CAM PATEL WHO ARE BOTH PARTNERSHIP DEVELOPMENT MANAGERS FOR SOUTH EAST /LONDON

I realise it's not the clearest of posts, I think someone was taking notes as they were going along, but it might give someone a heads up, even if it raises as many questions as it answers, so to speak.

just on universal credits its being phased in from 2012 until 2017 its to see if it works apparently its a complete c*ck up so far, which most of us could have predicted, but government hasn't realised they actually paying out more on tax credits using there new calculator so I am expecting that may be shelved

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Is it possible for someone to retype this without the capital letters please? I can't read it at all and it gives the impression of shouting. I did ask on their FB page yesterday and my request seems to have been ignored.
It was you, was it? I saw that post, lol.

I'm sorry, I don't have the time to do that these days or I would have. If someone else has the time and energy, great!

Is it possible for someone to retype this without the capital letters please? I can't read it at all and it gives the impression of shouting. I did ask on their FB page yesterday and my request seems to have been ignored.

Had a bit of spare time on my hands :-)

BREAKING NEWS ON BENEFIT CAP - courtesy of Paula Peters who was present for PIP stuff today!

As you all know the cap is:

£350 single person

£500 couples and single parents.

Exemptions are ESA Support Group, DLA/PIP

Those benefits included in the cap are the following;

JSA

SDA

Housing Benefit

Council Tax Benefit

ESA WRAG Group

Income Support Inc. Disability Premium

Incapacity Benefit

Bereavement Allowance

Cares Allowance

Widows Allowance

This cap will include all the above, so yes you won’t get more a week, that’s £350 or £500 to pay everything you need and those working on low wages, if they earn over the cap, it will be taken off any HB you get at present.

Universal Credit:

Working Tax Credits scrapped April 2014

ATOS not allowing audio assessment recordings, but you can am advocate to speak on your behalf.

New claims states October but may be delayed

Indefinitely/ Lifetime 2015

Onus on Claimant to gather evidence.

PIP will use online tracker system and those who cannot hear or speak will be able to use an appointee with claimant’s permission.

You will get phonecall using tracker for all others which you will be asked a lot of questions (18 pages) before the form is sent out.

3 Month qualifying test followed by 9 month prospective test. This means a year in total and those with fluctuating conditions will be affected by this nonsense.

Info received from Katherine Marshall

Cam Patel who are both Partnership Development Managers for South east/ London.

CookieRocks

It was you, was it? I saw that post, lol.

I'm sorry, I don't have the time to do that these days or I would have. If someone else has the time and energy, great!

Yup, that was me.

Thanks CookieRocks.

I know I posted about this before; but I am really not happy with carers not being exempt from the benefit cap. And am not happy that this is something the government kept quiet about. What a lovely way to treat people who save the country billions each year. Not.

Exemptions are ESA Support Group,DLA/PIP

THOSE WORKING ON LOW WAGES IF THEY EARN OVER THE CAP ,IT WILL BE TAKEN OFF ANY HB YOU GET AT PRESENT

It fails to mention that those on low wages who are entitled to or in receipt of Working Tax Credit are exempt from Benefit Cap

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Working Tax Credits scrapped April 2014

Not really sure it will be scapped in 2014, as Universal Credit will not have been rolled out by then.

Does it not mean closed to new applicants?

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Not really sure it will be scapped in 2014, as Universal Credit will not have been rolled out by then.

April 2013 – launch of Universal Credit pathfinder

October 2013 – national launch of Universal Credit

New claimants: They will be able to make claims for Universal Credit from October 2013, while claims for existing benefits and credits will be gradually phased out. From April 2014, all new claims will be for Universal Credit.

Existing claimants: They will move onto Universal Credit in line with a phased approach that we expect to have completed by the end of 2017.

(from DWP's website)

Also if a customer contacts to report a change in circu,stances for any benefit that falls under the UC umbrella from October 2013 will automatically need to claim Universal Credit instead of te change to an existing award of JSA/BH for example.

Can anyone shed some light on this online tracker thing please?

Do I take it that everyone wanting to claim PIP will have a phone call with someone asking 18 pages of questions before they send out paperwork?

I refuse to talk to anyone on the phone. I have not got a phonemso they will have to send me the questions.

I was advised to never talk on the phone and always insist on paper because this leaves a paper trail and evidence.

Also if a customer contacts to report a change in circu,stances for any benefit that falls under the UC umbrella from October 2013 will automatically need to claim Universal Credit instead of te change to an existing award of JSA/BH for example.

Is that regardless of the change? So if you change address, you get transferred over?

One tax and one benefit ... then life would be so much simpler! Instead we have so many of them most people have no idea if they should be claiming or paying for what. I deal with the UKBA a lot and most of them have no idea about some of the rules they have so many of them, and they change so often.

April 2013 – launch of Universal Credit pathfinder

October 2013 – national launch of Universal Credit

New claimants: They will be able to make claims for Universal Credit from October 2013, while claims for existing benefits and credits will be gradually phased out. From April 2014, all new claims will be for Universal Credit.

Existing claimants: They will move onto Universal Credit in line with a phased approach that we expect to have completed by the end of 2017.

(from DWP's website)

so working tax credit wont be getting scrapped in April 2014, just closed to new applicants, thanks that was what i thought

nystagmite, from the training we had yes any change following October will transfer the claim to the new benefit, be it PIP or UC.

Working tax credits will remain in payment but if there is a change of cicumstances reported after October the client will transfer to UC

Thankfully my current benefits all come to quite a bit less than £350, so hopefully things wont get worse. Only worry would be if rents rise dramatically etc and then the gap would close.

If true that information is very telling.

For a start it clearly shows IDS's trash talk about making work pay is a load of rubbish.

working tax credits scrapped, meaning low paid work becomes even lower paid.

Benefit cap to also apply to those working meaning the viability of working on low pay is also reduced again.

ATOS audio recordings refused? this means they no longer going to allow recorded medicals for ESA? or is it just for PIP?

The government are getting more and more confident and its getting quite clear to see now they simply just hate the poor whether working or not.

Where is the "tough decisions" on the middle class who horde cash? where is the "tough decisions" on the pensioners? where is the "tough decisions" on the rich. I guess it was a very tough decision to apply interest free loans for mansions and to cut corp taxes and top rate income tax.

Thankfully my current benefits all come to quite a bit less than £350, so hopefully things wont get worse. Only worry would be if rents rise dramatically etc and then the gap would close.

I get way less than £350 per week but it doesnt make us immune. CTB cuts affect everyone, HB cuts hit me extremely hard as I am 34.Plus there is further CTB cuts next year and I think year after as well. Then we have the obgoing 1% increase cap which is in affect another cut.

and if recorded assessments are going to be canned I expect my next ESA assessment to say fit for work.

yes I know what you mean worried33, I should have said "for now"....as I said if rents rise etc then that could all change in the coming years, all my assessments will be recorded...covertly if necessary.