Bailliff Delivered Letter Claiming to have a Warrant to remove car/goods re enforcement of Road Traffic Debts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am new to the forum and I'm hoping to get some advice from you good people out there!

I have had a hand delivered letter from a bailiff stating that the have called to execute a warrant issued by Northampton COunty Court

They claim to be authorized by a court under the enforcement of road traffic debts (certified bailiffs) Regulations 1993 (Amendments 2003) To remove our vehicle/household effects to satisfy an unpaid penalty charge notice due to the council.

They say that I need to contact them within 24 hours or they will attend at any time of day or night to impound vehicle/remove goods.

1. I don't know what the fine is for, as I cannot recognize the reference no from any correspondence

2. Since being made redundant I have very low income and I don't have enough for me and family or able to pay even 1p for this if it is valid. The chances are there is a debt somewhere but I cannot find any correspondence in relation to it.

3.I have recently started a business which is highly dependent on the car, cannot afford for them to take it away!

Desperately need good advice can someone help please!

Thanks in advance

Have you recently changed your car or bought another one? If so a pcn could relate to a previous owner, and the keeper details were changed at DVLA before the council started enforcement.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I have contacted the manchester PCN office and it is to do with a parking fine, but I have no letter or correspondence about this. It certainly was not me will ask the Mrs. They have asked me to contact northampton.

Just to update I have contacted Northampton and they have sent me to an out of time application form to fill, hopefully the bailiff action will be stopped and I will be able to find out whats really happening.

Thanks for your attempt to get to the bottom of it, its good to know theres a place to come and get help, hope I'll be able to help a few people here too!

That is good news. In the meantime, move your car away from the house so they cannot clamp it. In addition do not open the door to anyone until you know who they are and put away any garden equipment etc outside

so if bailiffs do call they cannot attempt to levy on anything.

Bailiffs lie big time so to let you know-they cannot break into your house on their own, with a locksmith or half the local Police force. You do not have to talk to them and whatever else you do-do NOT let them into your house ever. They can just walk into our house if the door or a window is not locked so make sure that cannot happen.

By filing the OTT all enforcement will now cease for approx 6-7 weeks. Unfortunately, so many people do not complete the forms correctly and as a consequence, the application is rejected. Of approx 70,000 Out of Time applications, over 60% are rejected.

What you are supposed to say on the form is WHY you are sending the form OUT OF TIME. Many times the reason is that all notices had been sent to a wrong or previous address. You need to ensure that during the time that enforcement is on hold that you make enquiries as to WHY you had not received notices.

If your application is rejected, you will be allowed 14 days in which to seek a "REVIEW". There is a fee to pay of £80 and the matter will go on hold again for approx 3-4 months. Many applications are accepted at the REVIEW stage but you do need to ensure that you make enquiries beforehand to ascertain WHY you had not received statutory notices.

Lastly, if you do not seek a "review" within 14 days by way of an N244 the warrant will become "live" again and the bailiff will be instructed to continue enforcement.

The goods news is that if your application is ACCEPTED, the warrant will be revoked and the PCN will revert back to the Notice to Owner stage.