Kwik Fit MOT farce

Nicki44
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Wednesday 6th March I booked an online MOT with Kwik Fit Erith, West Street branch. Everything was straight forward and the MOT was booked for Thursday 7th March at 13.45.I dropped my car to the branch at around 11 o'clock, so far so good! I was called at 3.30 to say my car had failed it's MOT. The car needed exhaust parts replaced and the head light re-aligned at a cost of £167.70. As the car was already on their ramp and I needed an MOT I agreed to the work.

At 4.45 I went to collect my car and was told they were "just about to call me". They had smashed off the exhaust parts that needed replacing only to find the front box needed replacing too at a cost of at least an extra £350.00 on top of the £167.70. I said that I couldn't afford that and to put the car back how it was and I could get a quote elsewhere. They were unable to do this as the parts were in bits in the corner. They said I should arrange to tow the car home!! I had taken my car for an MOT and now had a car with no exhaust and no MOT and no way of getting it home.

I am furious that something so simple has ended like this due to inexperience. Why would you destroy the exhaust system without checking first that the front box was in a fit enough state to take the new parts?It was raining and I had to wait 45 minutes for a lift back to work, then got a cab from work home.On Friday 8th March I contacted your customer services. They left a message with the Area Manager and said he would call.

Friday 8th March the Erith Branch called and asked if I could move my car out of the car park!! Move it how? I can't get there as I have no transport, I can't drive it as thanks to them I have no exhaust and I have to pay to get it towed away. It is now Monday 11th March and I am sent a customer satisfaction survey which is ridiculous.

The Area Manager has still not called and my car is still stuck in one of your car parks in Erith. I have no transport and getting to and from work is an expensive nightmare.Whilst standing at the bus stop this evening in freezing weather conditions I received another call from Erith Kwik Fit asking me when I can move my car!!! I am so furious that I am being hassled and having to commute to and from work on buses through no fault of my own. I cannot move my car as Kwit Fit have made it undriveable.

Is anyone going to get back to me or do I take this further?

Edited by Conniff
paragraphs added

How do you know the exhaust was faulty? Have you got the faulty bits? We got caught the same way many years ago. Do a search on this forum and see how many complaints come up about Kwik fit. Another poster had her engine destroyed due to negligence by Kwikfit. Read all about it here. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?382309-KwikFit-changed-oil-and-now-engine-of-my-RAV-4-dead-%28%28

My mechanic has now collected my car from the Kwik Fit garage to start work on it. The MOT still needs to be done but the exhaust needs to be replaced first after the kids at Kwik fit smashed and crashed it to bits.On inspection he has confirmed that the exhaust appears to have been sabotaged somehow to ensure I was unable to drive the car away. The brackets were grinded off instead of unbolted to appear as though they had corroded. "You will be amazed at what we can do" .......I am amazed alright!!

Edited by ims21

If that is actually true, you need to get a signed written statement by your mechanic and sue them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Nicki44

Andy here (Kwik Fit Customer Services). I was concerned to see your messages and was wondering if I could help get to the bottom of it.

If you could please email me with a contact number, your booking reference and registration number, I can have a look into the issue. My email address is kwikfitwebcare@kwik-fit.com.

Kind regards

Andy

Andy I called customer services on Friday last week. I emailed customer services at Kwik Fit on Monday. I then found your name and email on this forum and sent an email for your attention on Tuesday with my mobile number. The Area manager has still not called, surprise surprise and neither have you!! I called customer services again on Wednesday. I then received an email with a customer complaint reference.I had a phonecall from customer services last night asking if I was satisfied with my MOT and the service I received last week! This is all a complete farce. I have been without a car for a week now have complained through all the correct channels and still have had no direct contact with ANYONE apart from the young girls who answer the phones.

• 3 months later...