JSA Claiming as a couple and 1 is self empoyed help needed please!

cookiejar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Husband was made redundant in Dec 2012. He is now claiming IbJSA. I started my own business in July 2012, part time aprox 10 hours a week.

when my Husband started claiming JSA, they asked how much I earned a week. I said £40...BUT now I have just realised I didn't take into account all my business expenses (was gunna get an accountant to work it out at end of year, as a rough guide its £1,900 a year for rates, laundry, insurance, cleaning, phone, stationary etc etc) To work out the £40 a week I worked out my takings and purchases of stock.

So we've been loosing out on money - I asked them about this but they just said to fill out a B7 form each week now - which seems unfair and is of NO help!:evil:

Also ive been trying to call them to tell them we are now claiming DLA (since January) for one of our children (we have 2) and also that I will be claiming CA, but job centre benefit delivery never answer the phone!!:???:

my Husband is now setting up his own business (given up looking for employment!)

Job Centre have been no help what so ever!!

Advise appreciated please

They won't backdate the money you feel you've lost out on - is that what you're asking? Sorry it doesn't work that way.

Claiming DLA for one of your children does not affect JSA, but should be reported to HMRC as you get additional money.

Once you claim CA you will need to inform JSA section, but CA section also need to be aware that you are part of a JSA claim, as they need to do a reconciliation with arrears of CA and offset against JSA, taking into account the carer's premium.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

They won't backdate the money you feel you've lost out on - is that what you're asking? Sorry it doesn't work that way.

Claiming DLA for one of your children does not affect JSA, but should be reported to HMRC as you get additional money.

Once you claim CA you will need to inform JSA section, but CA section also need to be aware that you are part of a JSA claim, as they need to do a reconciliation with arrears of CA and offset against JSA, taking into account the carer's premium.

I have told HMRC, so we now get tax credits topped up. didn't realise I had to tell CA about Jsa - thanks!

I dont know where to put what on the B7 form? The £1,900 business expenses works out on average £158 a month so this will need to go down on the form along with stock purchased and any takings. (so i'll be in a minus each week)

I have told HMRC, so we now get tax credits topped up. didn't realise I had to tell CA about Jsa - thanks!

I dont know where to put what on the B7 form? The £1,900 business expenses works out on average £158 a month so this will need to go down on the form along with stock purchased and any takings. (so i'll be in a minus each week)

I'm not an expert on JSA and B7's, hopefully someone will come along and give more advice on that.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

No sorry JCP no longer hold copies of DS700 forms to claim Carers Allowance, you either obtain the form directly from Carers Allowance at Preston 0845 608 4321 or through the contact centre 0800 0556688.

The B7 form is a legal declaration to declare the hours and earnings for part time work whilst claiming JSA.

As you are self employed a review will occur usually after 12 months from declaring the self employment starting and the accounts are usually provide at that point to show proft and losses.