Ruthbridge!!! halifax debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4090 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Friend of our came to me about a problem he's having. 3 Weeks ago he got a phishing letter from Ruthbridge asking him to call them, I told him not to, last week he got another letter with more information, it was for a Halifax Current account for more than £2.5k.

Today he got another letter from Ruthbridge basically saying that if they don't hear from him in the next 14 days they may send an agent to his address. They thankfully doen't have his phone number.

The so called debt as mentioned is a Halifax Current account.

Last payment in 2000, last correspondence with Scotcall in Feb 2006.

I have done him a Stat Barred Letter with the doorstep letter added and I have also done him a Section 10 letter too. Is there anything I've missed?

Sounds ok to me re the letters you will be sending.

Obviously check credit records just in case there is any error.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Will do. My friend is a very vulnerable person with Mental Health issues. Told him to send the letters off recorded and not to sign them and to just wait to see what if anything they throw back. Told him not to worry, he is a little worried by the threat of a doorstep visit, again told him not to worry as I would love to go toe to toe with a doorstep debt collector in a non-violent way of course.

Take care with Ruthbridge they tend to ignore a lot of correspondence, especially in regard to SB debts, make it clear

the letter is no an acknoledgment of the debt and address it for the personal attention of the Compliance Manager.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Keep a copy of the letter, send it recorded, keep the receipt and in a few days time check the Royal Mail website for delivery details and print that off. Later get a copy of the signature obtained by the postman. If Ruthbridge continue to play silly games you have enough evidence to complain to their regulators.