Paying £1 pcm

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

repaying a debt

I think CD was trying to get JUST a bit more info to help you. If the debt is for £2 thats a fantastic offer.

Please explain what the debt is for, how much, to whom. When did you last make a payment? When was the debt taken out? Are there any PPI/Charges on the account?

Do I have to pay more than £1 pcm?

if, once you've completed a comprehensive financial statement you have spare surplus money that would then be given to your creditors. If you have any 'priority' debts (such as rent/mortgage/council tax/fuel arrears) you would arrive at affordable arrangements with those first; then whatever is left is given to your 'non-priority' creditors (credit cards, loans, store cards, overdrafts, catalogues etc). If you have one non-priority creditor they get all the spare surplus money. If you have more than one you would divide the surplus up on a pro-rata basis (the bigger creditor gets a higher share than a smaller creditor). If your budget sheet reflects that you have no spare surplus income or a deficit - you'll only need to offer £1 per month.

Hope this helps!

You can snowball payments to creditors, but if you do, i strongly advise that you DONT let the other creditors know.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

thank you sequenci - what I want to know is if I offer most of the 'surplus' money to the biggest creditor,legally can I be allowed to pay only £1 pcm and do they have to accept?

No, they don't. A creditor would only have to consider a reasonable offer based upon a fair share of any surplus. In addition the figures listed within your outgoings would have to be reasonable too, there are guidelines for this. The only time where £1 is reasonable is if your budget dictates - and even then there is no 'legal' requirement for it to be accepted although the creditors would be in breach of various guidelines if they didn't.

Some people do, personally i wouldnt go anywhere near it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Some people do, personally i wouldnt go anywhere near it.

Nor me! I'm all for nipping everything in the bud and ensuring that further action isn't brought. Fair and reasonable debt management is the order of the day - both both creditors and debtors alike.