style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I have recently started a new job which I transitioned over from a recruitment firm to a member of staff.

Whilst I was working via the recruitment firm I forgot to give in my P46(?) and I only realized this when I looked at my pay slip and saw 810L W1.

I did not know what this was but this looked like a different tax code than the one I was given when I was working via the recruitment firm before. I am led to believe that this is a emergency tax code? I gave in my P46 a few days later.

I thought this would solve the issue by it did not I was on this same tax code for the next few months up until becoming a member of staff?.

I got in touch with the recruitment firms payroll team who told me that this was NOT a emergency tax code and there was nothing to worry about.

I was not convinced! I wrote to HMRC who said I may be due a tax refund. ( i am awaiting a response from them)

So why am a writing about this? well...

I have received my first payslip from my employer and I am on 810L M1! again I am led to believe that this is a emergency tax code....

Will I have to write to HMRC again or will they be able to put me on the correct tax code?

also there where no deductions for this payment( tax/NI) ( it was for the last week in feb rather than the full month because of when i started) any ideas on that one aswell! the weeks payment was £394 net

Thanks!

Hello there.

I expect the forum guys will be along later and someone should know about tax codes, P46s etc. In the meantime, have you spoken to your company payroll people? They're usually pretty knowledgeable.

I'll keep an eye on your thread and if you don't have other replies, I'll try to get you some help.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

so no tax refund? no need to worry?

I have not contacted my current employers payroll HR team as i am still waiting for hmrc to get back to me and was working off the basis that it was nothing to worry about/ will be put on the correct tax code?