credit report- linked address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

im not sure whether this is the correct forum but no doubt someone will be kind enough to move my post if necessary.

Ive received a copy of my credit report and note a linked address dating back to 2008. I know of the address- it was that of a very short term girlfriend- but i never lived there, never obtained credit using the address and was never on the voters roll. Ive queried the entry with call credit and they tell me it was supplied by orange who are refusing to remove the entry.

Given that i have lived at my existing address since 1994- and am on the voters roll throughout that time- how can I get this incorrect entry removed.

Thanks

ah, thats a possibility, but it was over 5 years ago. I vaguely recall that she couldnt get credit so i opened an account, all the bills were sent to her but with possibly in my name. But I never lived at the property. Does this mean im stuck, forever and a day, with this entry on my credit file???

The only way this will do you any harm, is if you are "financialy linked" to your ex-girfriend, and she has run up lots of debt. If you are financialy linked, it will tell you on your credit file, then its up to you to prove you are no longer financialy linked to her (get in touch with Orange to get them to remove her name from your file)

thank you. under "address links" it states

1. from...(my current address and where I have lived, exclusively since 1994)...most recent source of link:orange

last confirmation date 5/05/2009

2. To .....my ex girlfriend's address....earliest confirmationm date 05/05/2009.

there isnt any financial association declared with my ex gf.

Can I have this linked address removed and if so, how?

Thanks

No you won"t be able to get the linked address removed, it is causing your credit file no harm, its just when you have a financial association with someone, companys will search their file as well as your own. It sounds like they have got your normal address correct, so you have no worries!