WAR ON WELFARE PETITION please sign.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Francesca Martinez, who has cerebal palsy and often describes herself as ‘wobbly’.

Just a quick plug for the WoW Petition which has been submitted by actress and award winning comedian,

The petition calls for a Cumulative Impact Assessment on all government cuts and changes affecting sick and disabled people and a stop to the Work Capability Assessment. It already has over 23,000 signatures. You can sign the petition here and read more about WoW here

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

It won't happen, the country is broke.

The country isn't "broke". Agree it won't happen, though.

On the other hand, should we just cave? In one of the wealthiest nations in the world, should we tolerate this crap without complaint?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

We should be wealthy, but we are borrowing money when we should be lending it.

We built an empire that covered 25% of the world, and we did it by borrowing money. I mean, we lend money too - I'd be amazed if we don't hold some US Treasuries, for example.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

we are not skint....the problem is the unfair sharing of this countrys funds.....and as per usual...the mp's get what they need and beyond, plus their thieving of public money, the govt looks after its own and the hangars on.....as for the needy, that's when they roll out the old chestnut...that we are skint......its b******s IMO

Yes there are too many people just taking it...I wish they would all get some guts and stand up and fight, and I also wish that those of us who are too sick to stand up and fight, all had the guts to speak out in public/press/tv, and not feel ashamed of our illnesses and didn't allow ourselves to be judged and feel like the scroungers that we are most certainly NOT but that the govt will happily create the illusion that we are to blur the corrupt systems and govt that they are IMHO. Biggest collective waste of God given breath.

Yes there are too many people just taking it...I wish they would all get some guts and stand up and fight, and I also wish that those of us who are too sick to stand up and fight, all had the guts to speak out in public/press/tv, and not feel ashamed of our illnesses and didn't allow ourselves to be judged and feel like the scroungers that we are most certainly NOT but that the govt will happily create the illusion that we are to blur the corrupt systems and govt that they are IMHO. Biggest collective waste of God given breath.

It's less to do with having the guts to speak out than having a platform to speak from, I don't see the media routinely inviting claimants onto the panel of question time to confront the government. We aren't invited to be columnists in the press, the list goes on.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

It's less to do with having the guts to speak out than having a platform to speak from, I don't see the media routinely inviting claimants onto the panel of question time to confront the government. We aren't invited to be columnists in the press, the list goes on.

Excellent point about being invited on to question time..

They don't listen to you or me

Do you think so?

I think they do if the voice is loud enough. If the media pick this story up, if people get heard then the government will have to consider.

How do I know this?

Well this government, who we didnt vote in, have made more u turns in their first two years in office than any other.

Just look at what happened to the pasty tax. This government was still claiming that we were broke, although in % to our gdp we are not, when they u turned on the pasty tax. They insisted we needed a pasty tax to fill in the imaginary black hole but because of public pressure they quashed the pasty and now I enjoy my pasties warm and free from their tax.

Edited by dyfed
spelling

Britain is indeed broke, but the biggest welfare bums are the banks and Poundland.

This being broke rehtoric only serves to fit the Tories ideology. That is it, plain and simple. Now they have an excuse to cut public spending and privatise everything.

Edited by dyfed
spelling

Britain is indeed broke. Financially speaking only Ireland is in worse conditions. The total public+private debt to GDP ratio is over 1000%. The Tories are spending way more than the Liebors.

When the Tories took over public debt/GDP was about 58%, now it's almost 90%, but at least the Liebors spent some of the money on public utilities.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"