Motormile Finance Harrassment - New thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is developing into a lovely farce, here is the reply I received to my short email.... how these companies can continue to operate after this I do not know!

This was my email to them

Dear Mr Christi

I am in receipt of your letter dated 26th March and am not satisfied.

There have been 17 text messages and 9 phone calls received on my mobile phone from MMF, I have no idea how many calls they may have made to my previous home phone or work number, nor emails sent to my old email, nor letters to an address I have not lived at for nearly 5 years.

I am asking for the following from your company

1. Confirmation that all trace of this debt has been removed from my credit files with Experian, Equifax and Callcredit and any other agency you may use.
  2. Financial compensation of £150 for the distress this has caused, I am currently on medication for a stress related injury and this has made things worse.
  3. Your partial apology is barely acceptable

This is their reply - read this morning....

Sent: 02/04/2013 11:02

To: SG1

Subject: RE: Complaint from SG1

Dear SG1

Following your emails over the bank holiday weekend I have investigated your complaint further. I have contacted Carter Forbes for more information as I wanted to find out whether they had actually sent us your payment or not as I could find no receipt on file and they have responded

“Hi Massimo,

I think I know what’s happened. I have looked by ref and name couldn’t find it. I have asked Finlay to do the same and he cant find it.

I have also looked on the remittance and could see that reference on there at all.

I then looked on another system and client appeared there. So we have dealt with her account with another lender but not an Uncle Buck.

When you called in someone must have been referring to that account”

As you can see we were misinformed by Carter Forbes and it would actually appear that you have not repaid your debt to Uncle Buck via Carter Forbes, the debt you repaid to Carter Forbes was in connection with another debt you had.

I have already closed your file with Motormile Finance so you should not hear from them again however as your debt is still outstanding so I am sure you will agree that your claim for compensation is void. I have written the debt off at our end so you will no longer be pursued for this.

I can also confirm that your this loan with Uncle Buck was not reported to any credit reference agencies so it should not appear on your credit file.

Massimo Cristi

Collections Manager

Edited by sillygirl1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This would make a good tv plot.

Phoned Motormile about their 'Easter Offer' text and found out that it was 'sent to the wrong person - just a glitch'... and that the UB reference is closed. The only other reference they have is for a Quick Quid loan (which again was repaid) which has been outsourced to GPB - heard zilch on that one!

Forwarded emails to CSA, who Carter Forbes are a member, and also forwarded emails to FOS.

Now going to forward emails to OFT.