Jacamo

yasminora
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3775 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Jacamo are well out of order with that reply. When you SAR them, they have to send you EVERYTHING they hold on you. Not stuff they think they have to.

Stop worrying about this debt. Even if they take it to court and you defend, a judge would see right through it, and probably knock it right the way down. remember, all these charges are completely unenforceable and can be reclaimed at the interest rate they charged you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes get that sar off

to be honest you ideally should not be using the phone as advised

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Haven't got back the SAR yet but

did receive the following credit agreement today which i have attached and have never seen before.

I've blocked out my name and account at the top but that is actually written in pen by someone at Jacamo.

As you can see there is no signature by me at the bottom.

Problem is there is a letter attached that says

"Further to your recent letter the current outstanding balance on this accountis is £1801.14, the terms of repayment are £54 every 28 days.

Interest charges are currently being charged at 2.84 pence in the pound (39.9% variable every 28 days).

We have not issued any default notices or obtained any court orders in relation to this account.

Please find enclosed a 'True Copy' of your credit agreement setting out the Terms and conditions to which you agreed when the account was opened,

along with the current terms and conditions.

We cannot hold this account or stop charges being added until a mutual agreement has been reached."

The £500 charges on top of the original £1300 debt have been charged by them over the last 11 months which is how long i've been having problems for.

So its going up £600 a year and they have told me they will not take me to court.

I could end up owing tens of thousands by the end of this.

Add that together with the other 2 and i'm going to be in big trouble

I do keep trying to come to an agreement but their agreement means pay what they say not what i can afford.

Thank you

as per post 72

you call the shots not them

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no

and

no

they balance is their penalty charges that are UNLAWFUL.

go read a few threads here

dx

and they

Almost a full year dealing with this, a full year where people give you the same answers, but you still ask the same questions.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Almost a full year dealing with this, a full year where people give you the same answers, but you still ask the same questions.

I'm unsure why you responded a few days ago with a really kind and helpful answer and now suddenly feel the need to become sarcastic and unneccessarily unkind on something you most certainly haven't been dealing with for 12 months as you've only replied once and that was a few days ago. It has gone on for 12 months because Jacamo has refused to stop the charges for 12 months. Had I known there was time limit here I wouldn't have posted. It's quite easy to ignore the thread if you're fed up with it. Simply don't click on it. I come here because people are so knowledgeable and kind. Obviously you're not one of them. I won't post again.

Many thanks to DX, Brigadier and all others who have taken the time to help an anxious old woman :) I'm very grateful. x

I'm unsure why you responded a few days ago with a really kind and helpful answer and now suddenly feel the need to become sarcastic and unneccessarily unkind on something you most certainly haven't been dealing with for 12 months as you've only replied once and that was a few days ago. It has gone on for 12 months because Jacamo has refused to stop the charges for 12 months. Had I known there was time limit here I wouldn't have posted. It's quite easy to ignore the thread if you're fed up with it. Simply don't click on it. I come here because people are so knowledgeable and kind. Obviously you're not one of them. I won't post again.

Many thanks to DX, Brigadier and all others who have taken the time to help an anxious old woman :) I'm very grateful. x

I didnt intend for it to sound like that, my apologies. It's just the same answers have been given over and over and the answers never change.

Thank you for that. I understand what you're saying but the reason I keep asking is because I've only just this week received the credit agreement and the recent letter so things are being dragged out by them. Sometimes I maybe haven't fully understood answers and so will ask again if I'm unsure. Jacamo are dragging it out and although people are saying ignore it etc and in the end they can do nothing, when they contact me saying different things it makes me anxious. I haven't sent off for the SAR and hope its ok to let you know here when I get it.

Thank you again and sorry if I got upset over your reply.

Jacamo will drag it out. It is in their interest to get you to cower down and pay the silly charges. It's how they make the bulk of their money.

no need for that.

what you need to be aware of is that we see the kind of worry you have on a daily basis.

its very sad that punters like you get for want of another word 'fleeced a spoofed'

by wha these companies intimate cold happen

I can understand where the frustration of regular posters comes from

when people don't quite pick up on whats pointed out.

dx

and they