Official - UKCPS won't pursue difficult cases because they are not cost-effective!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

More support for the advice that you should not ignore completely but that you should make it clear that you are up for a fight.

Here are some heavily redacted extracts:-

UKCPS lawyers are rejecting tricky cases to save cash

....[Lawyers] are encouraged to keep cases that are likely to “crack” — fail to proceed — because evidence is weak or witnesses are unlikely to turn up. This means that the service does not have to pay for the trial.

....[A leaked] e-mail exposed a UKCPS culture driven by “cost and cost alone”.

.... Ms McGowan said that the focus on cost and budget rather than the quality of advocacy was a “serious blow ...”. It had long been suspected that the UKCPS instructed its advocates on cost-driven criteria but there had been no evidence, she said.

Full horrible story here:- http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/law/article3698204.ece#

Shocking. I had always thought that the United Kingdom Crown Prosecution Service has great integrity

Actually. that story is also true regarding the PPC of the same name. It's been shown that when they send out court papers and a good, strong defence is submitted then they will drop the case . This is because they seem to be going after "sift targets" who will cave in and pay when they receive court papers. So the motto should be when dealing with the PPC "see you in court" and call their bluff.

UKCPS have published a statement about their email and they are trying to resile from their position

http://blog.cps.gov.uk/2013/02/dpp-statement-on-use-of-external-advocates.html

Frankly, I am getting very confused. I think that we should expect better from BPA members and I call upon the BPA to SORT OUT THIS MESS! You owe it to your victims

• 2 months later...

Hi

Im new to all of this. would appreciate hearing from anyone who can help.

I was parked at New Mersey Retail park in a disabled bay. i didnt realise my badge was out of date. I got a ticket from the Ukcps. I have since renewed my badge but think i have done the wrong thing by replying to the UKCPS saying i am the registered driver and owner of the vehicle. they have rejected my appeal. Do i just ignore their letters from now on. please help.

thanks

Lin