anti-welfare rhetoric

id6052
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't see any of them worth a vote....and that's bad

I feel the same way, Ruby. Not a good thing.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see any of them worth a vote....and that's bad

I'll be practical and vote tactically for labour - and hope that Ed milliband's left leaning philosophy comes out in government.

I do wonder if labour are playing a tactical game. With the Tory propoganda machine at work, the electorate at the moment is mainly centre-right, so they can't go too far to the left, or they won't get elected. I suppose we'll only find out if they win the next election - but quite frankly anything is better than right wing, and a vote for any other party is wasted when it comes to changing the government.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

estellyn agreed.

Its quite possible labour are simple keeping quiet because they want to be electable, right now the press ie very anti 'social security', if labour say anything pro social security cameron and co will be all over it claiming they hate hard working families, and so many people have been brainwashed to think that social security is bankrupting the country. Its like how the tories stayed quiet about alot of their plans when not in power and their true face was revealed after the election.

I'll be practical and vote tactically for labour - and hope that Ed milliband's left leaning philosophy comes out in government.

I do wonder if labour are playing a tactical game. With the Tory propoganda machine at work, the electorate at the moment is mainly centre-right, so they can't go too far to the left, or they won't get elected. I suppose we'll only find out if they win the next election - but quite frankly anything is better than right wing, and a vote for any other party is wasted when it comes to changing the government.

These are all interesting points. Of course, where I live it's all kinda academic.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

estellyn agreed.

Its quite possible labour are simple keeping quiet because they want to be electable, right now the press ie very anti 'social security', if labour say anything pro social security cameron and co will be all over it claiming they hate hard working families, and so many people have been brainwashed to think that social security is bankrupting the country. Its like how the tories stayed quiet about alot of their plans when not in power and their true face was revealed after the election.

To be honest with you it matters not who's in power. They all appear to be serving themselves..

Very sensible. Maybe I'm getting too cynical...:|

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

To be honest with you it matters not who's in power. They all appear to be serving themselves..

Sometimes it's a matter of having to choose the lesser of the evils....

You mean the devil or the devils son ?

When you're suffering, even a little less suffering is better in comparison.

'labour - not quite as bad as the other guys' I think I've got their new slogan!

Hopefully, that's sarcasm - UKIP in power would make the Tories look liberal - all of their policies are about what would benefit the rich and business the most.

The left right paradigm is an illusion. We dont live in a democracy. We live in a plutocracy, some say even a cleptocracy.

Everyone should be aware, by now, that the country is not ran by politicians. This is even more apparent in UNITED STATES where you have large lobby groups camped on capitol hill.

Can everyone remember when a city trader shocked bbc news reporters with the revolation that bankers rule the world. He is right. Too big too fail, bail them using billions of tax payers money. These banks and large multi nationals dictate to government what is going to happen, hell they even tell the tax man how much tax they gonna pay. Many of these rich elite tend to end up in the house of lords or mps end up on their boards. They are all related, one way or another. Thick as thieves if you like. How many unemployed people have been around to number 10 to enjoy dinner with our beloved PM?

They are all in it together. So while us peasents pay, they get richer and rule the country. We havent really moved out from the middle ages. Its still serfdom britain. The have and the have nots.

Will the queen pay bedroom tax? Is your mp paying bedroom tax on his second home payed for by you and me. You dont have to work to pay taxes. If you are an unemployed smoking alchoholic you may be paying more tax than a city banker. So the next time a hard working tax payer tries to take the moral high ground just remind them of that.

As they say, rant over and thanks for reading :-)

or rather the same hidden master. Looking out for themselves at the same time of course since they always seem to get jobs at companies they help out afterwards.

Times I wonder if the old king/queen long term leader thing is a better arrangement because knowing you in power for life means you have to plan to keep people happy for a long time not just long enough for your election term.

Will the queen pay bedroom tax? Is your mp paying bedroom tax on his second home payed for by you and me. You dont have to work to pay taxes. If you are an unemployed smoking alchoholic you may be paying more tax than a city banker. So the next time a hard working tax payer tries to take the moral high ground just remind them of that.

I don't think the MPs have council houses and neither does the Queen?

Antone, I understand the 'kinda academic' comment entirely. Here's my area ...

Heck, your area's even worse than mine.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

as has been said in other posts there is going to be serious consequences to all this, I am by no means as educated some who have commented on this thread, but I am one who is already suffering at the hands of this govt and am actually in fear of what is to come, plan a) see what happens plan b) overdose. feel guilty at plan b, my family would be heartbroken, but who wants to live being judged, no hope, no money, no future, no life. I can only pray something will happen to change course, but have little faith of that being the case.

I certainly have a similar plan b, of harming myself and turning up at hospital if I ever need a bed. I won't actually kill myself (i don't think), as that would be making it too easy for the politicians in charge. Frankly I'm convinced they'd be happier if I did off myself.

The bedroom tax doesn't only apply to council houses.

Then I wonder how the MPs will manipulate the system to avoid paying the bedroom tax as most seem to buy 3 bedroom houses so technically you have three spare bedrooms as the second home is not permanent. This raises the question about people who have second homes as holiday homes and have spare bedrooms?

well that's easy for the MPs they just "forget" and if they don't forget they just lie...cover each others backs and drag on that way, thieves in suits in power........imo

Then I wonder how the MPs will manipulate the system to avoid paying the bedroom tax as most seem to buy 3 bedroom houses so technically you have three spare bedrooms as the second home is not permanent. This raises the question about people who have second homes as holiday homes and have spare bedrooms?

There seems to be some confusion here, the bedroom tax only applies to those in receipt of housing benefit, not those who can afford to pay full rent/mortgage from their salary.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

My guess is the MPs dont see expenses as welfare so probably dont have a spare room rule.

CrazyDiamond is right housingbenefit already has a spare room tax, if you rent privately and have excesiive rooms (which I do now under new legislation) then housing benefit is reduced accordingly, and the reduction is usually more severe than the published ones for council houses.