DCA's and Email Correspondence

jjgr9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have 12 serious outstanding debts to various major credit companies and banks which have now been sold on to various DCA's and some have been sold on again.

After getting advice from the CAB and National Debtline, I wrote to them all offering a token payment of £1.00 per month, all of which were accepted. But, I now need to send a budget statement review and renew the offer of £1.00 per month as my circumstances have deteriorated.

My problem is, I have since moved out of my house and onto a boat, but the mooring I have does not provide an address or mailbox facilities.

I have had my mail redirected from my old address to my In-Law's address for the past 18 months, but this is getting unreliable.

I can't give the DCA's my In-Law's address directly as it may affect my In-Law's credit or they may get harassing letters/calls etc.

Can I tell the DCA's that I can only correspond via email? And can I get them to send CCA requests to an email address?

Thanks in advance

Have you checked these debts to see if any are unenforceable. Have you checked for any reclaimable fee's/charges/PPI etc?

Can you list all your debts with as much info as you can.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Debts - Original Lender (DCA)

Halifax (BOS) £11,726.77

Capital One £6,260.35

LloydsTSB Mastercard (Cabot) £5,473.84

Virgin Mastercard (Experto) £2,244.86

LloydsTSB 576 (BLS) £2,245.73

LloydsTSB 750 (iQor) £1,824.76

E.On Energy (BCW) £1,469.54

Comet (CL Finance) £1,082.00

Anglian Water (Lewis DR) £1,026.64

Egg (Apex/Lowell) £790.97

New Look (RedDCS) £152.42

Fraser Card (Santander) £135.33

B&Q £132.40

Orange (Lowell) £157.67

Total - £36,370.06

These debts originate from around July 2007-August 2011 and I have been paying £1.00 per month by standing order ever since.

I assume because they are not over 6 years old they are still enforcable.

I have no idea about reclaimable fees/PPI etc.

I am able to continue the token payments, but I need to know if I can insist on email correspondence.

Thanks

Yes, if you do not have a proper mailing address then they should allow you to communicate by email.

They use email when it suits them !

I would definitely not permit them to send letters to a 3rd party address such as your in-laws.

Simply explain the situation to them - under no circumstances should you provide them with a telephone number !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

They wont be SB'd because youve been paying them.

Now, have you checked your credit files and seen if any of these debts appear on them?

I think the main thing to do now is to check your credit files, then check if these debts are still with the original creditors and if theyve been sold on. Then you can issue a CCA request.

Can i ask if youve had any discount offers with these debts from any DCA's? Discount offers is a good sign that there is something wrong with the debt,. Be it unenforceable charges/no paperwork etc.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

You would need to send a Subject Access Request, which is a request for all data in respect of your financial relationship with these companies. Each request would cost you £10.00 and they have 40 calendar days to comply.

You should be able to see from the information provided if there were default charges and Payment Protection Insurance on any of them.

You can reclaim the default charges and if the PPI was mis sold then you could reclaim that as well.

There is a draft request in the CAG library - top left of each screen although the request is for ALL data, you should ensure you receive statements and the communication log/diary of events.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I agree with CB. The SAR's should be sent to the Original Creditors. If they have sold the debt on to a DCA, the DCA will not have the info needed.