Where to buy Microsoft Office?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Windows 8 user here.

Where can I buy a version of Microsoft Office please? The bloke in PC World tried selling me a version which was £120. He claimed that as an Open University (OU) student, I can't use software4students - not true; as I have a .ac.uk email address.

My other laptop has Microsoft Office 2007 on it. Is there a problem with buying a later version and being to open the document in 2007?

Thank you.

Please don't give more money to Microsoft. Apache Openoffice is an excellent replacement and it's free. I use Google docs alll the time. If you use Google Chrome you can send and open any documents directly in Google Docs. You can also share documents created with Google docs.

Disclaimer: I don't work for Google, but I wish.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Apache office or open office are good alternatives. There is nothing wrong at all with MSoffice apart from the cost of it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

i also use openoffice, not bad.

see then how you get on with the 2010 you have. :) ?

afaik, ms still provide a trial version download of their latest if you want to try that.

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

• 2 months later...
Please don't give more money to Microsoft. Apache Openoffice is an excellent replacement and it's free. I use Google docs alll the time. If you use Google Chrome you can send and open any documents directly in Google Docs. You can also share documents created with Google docs.

Disclaimer: I don't work for Google, but I wish.

Just out of curiosity what's wrong with Microsoft ? Trusting google with your information is like trusting a strange dog not to bite you lol. Microsoft Office is the best on the market.

I'm a Chrome user by the way ( Dev builds and use Google drive as well )

EDIT : had to remove your link for your post due to my low post count.Sorry san_d , hate to edit peoples posts like that :|

I am annoyed myself

I was promised access to Microsoft office at a fraction of the cost being a student of the OU

It is all crap, you get diverted back to Microsoft who try and sting you for the full price. And yes, i even have an OU email address as you have to have one to take up the bogus offer

There another free 'office' suite out and it's meant to be better than open office. Try libreoffice

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I've tried both Apache Openoffice, OpenOffice.org (the original) and Libreoffice. On Windows XP, Apache Openoffice is a bit faster, but in terms of functionality they're all the same because they all forked from StarOffice. And by the way if you feel more comfortable buying a supported version you can buy Oracle Openoffice.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"