style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought an oven and hob as ex display in the local branch of howdens.

I gave them my new address.

I got a carbon copy "delivery note" when I picked the item up (back in November)

afterwards I received no monthly statement- bill- nothing. In fact, I was starting to wonder if a bill was ever going to come.

anyway, at the end of last month a rather agressive letter came from their credit team. I rang immediately and said that I had received a grand total of zero bills from them- they said the delivery note was a bill- of course it's not a bill, its a delivery note.

anyway, it turns out it was all down to confusion over addresses, all my statements were going to my old address. However, they did have my new address as the credit team wrote to me using it.

I said I would get the money to them in cash when I next get paid- which is the 15th of Feb.

I spoke to the manager, he was happy. He thought the matter was settled. I got a call from credit control on the 1st of this month, I told him I was going to pay on the 15th- when I get paid.

so, I'm thinking all is in order.

today, a heavy brown envelope drops through the door- a court claim. No LBA, no 14 days, just a big fat court claim including solicitor fees and court fee. I spoke to the guy on the 1st, the claim was put in on the 7th.

mmmmm. what a great company to deal with.

fools.

• Haha 1

They cant claim solicitors fees so that is something to argue about when you walk in their shop and pay for the item. Fill out the form to return to court and say that the claim is denied as you have paid within the agreed time and that the action is malicious

So they didnt bother with Pre action protocol ?

Or perhaps that went to the old address as well ?

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hello CB.

I got a letter (the first letter I have ever received) from them on about the 20th Jan.

I immediately rang the branch, and said I would pay as soon as I got paid, they were happy with this.

I spoke to the manager, he said the 15th of feb was fine- the date I got paid.

on the 7th Feb a court claim was issued- I spoke to the manager about it, he said he'd sort it

went in on the 15th to pay- spent ages on the phone to "finance" who didnt believe a word I said. But the manager talked to them and told me not to pay now, and he would ring me in the week (w/s 18th) after he had sotred it all out (it was getting late in the day on friday)

OK, no phone call. waited a few days, still no call.

I am away from home at the moment for work, so I sent dear Mrs C down and she paid the bill- still no call or any communication from mr manager- although I keep emailing him- still nothing.

so, bill is now paid, got a letter today demanding the remainder "owed", interest, fees and solicitor fees, giving 7 days to pay.

and I'm away, unable to deal with it.

Edited by HSBCrusher
error