PPC's - a different slant

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have noticed that up to now the general advice for a ticket from any of these is to ignore and since last October not much has changed apart from the provision of an appeals process via POPLA - although any decision made is not binding on the motorist. If however eeveryone challenged their tickets - I accept what we see here is the minority - with the insistence of taking it to POPLA. let us examine a few scenarios.

1 - lets say 300 people write in and appeal to the PPC's better nature and are all turned down, The cost to the PPC at this stage is the cost of stationery and postage - cost say £150, but also how long will tie themup to keep answering.

2 - each appeal to the PPC is then taken to POPLA - cost £27 - £8100 in total, which they have to pay on a 30 day notice.

3 - the next month follows a similar pattern with no guarantee folks are going to pay

Multiply this by say 6 or 7 PPC's and it wouldn't takelong to clog the system up, we already know the PPC's are not the most colourful page in the book and some do not have the staff or resources to keep this up.

For me the vote would go to write in rather than ignore from the start, play them at their own game.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have noticed that up to now the general advice for a ticket from any of these is to ignore and since last October not much has changed apart from the provision of an appeals process via POPLA - although any decision made is not binding on the motorist. If however eeveryone challenged their tickets - I accept what we see here is the minority - with the insistence of taking it to POPLA. let us examine a few scenarios.

1 - lets say 300 people write in and appeal to the PPC's better nature and are all turned down, The cost to the PPC at this stage is the cost of stationery and postage - cost say £150, but also how long will tie themup to keep answering.

2 - each appeal to the PPC is then taken to POPLA - cost £27 - £8100 in total, which they have to pay on a 30 day notice.

3 - the next month follows a similar pattern with no guarantee folks are going to pay

Multiply this by say 6 or 7 PPC's and it wouldn't takelong to clog the system up, we already know the PPC's are not the most colourful page in the book and some do not have the staff or resources to keep this up.

For me the vote would go to write in rather than ignore from the start, play them at their own game.

Ditto - except that I always advocate not actually submitting an 'appeal' to the PPC (which might be misinterpreted as conferring a legitimacy on the process) but instead a 'challenge' - the BPA COP (B.22) recognises the term 'challenge' so no wriggle room there.

Ditto - except that I always advocate not actually submitting an 'appeal' to the PPC (which might be misinterpreted as conferring a legitimacy on the process) but instead a 'challenge' - the BPA COP (B.22) recognises the term 'challenge' so no wriggle room there.

Agree - challenge is the correct term.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One thing I forgot to mention is that more PPC's appear to be wanting to chance Court. In mind the reason why is that POPLA costs £27 whereas submitting a Claim form for less than £300 is £25 via MCOL and they will be bound to catch some by Default.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One thing I forgot to mention is that more PPC's appear to be wanting to chance Court. In mind the reason why is that POPLA costs £27 whereas submitting a Claim form for less than £300 is £25 via MCOL and they will be bound to catch some by Default.

I presume the reasoning behind this is that if they have already had to pay £35 to POPLA they will not want to risk another £25 for a court hearing.

We have a large shopping centre in our town centre that has Homebase, Currys, PC World, Halfords and many others stores and nothing makes me more angry to see people getting ticketed by a private parking company. So far, I have not received a ticket but.... I can assure you that if I did I would NOT pay it and neither would I IGNORE it. Instead, I would be writing to the company.

These tickets should NOT be ignored and..in the unlikely event that one of these companies decided to issue proceedings, you would at least be able to provide a "paper trail" to demonstrate to the court that you had acted responsibly and had provided a valid sensible reason why you do not believe that there is a debt.

We have a large shopping centre in our town centre that has Homebase, Currys, PC World, Halfords and many others stores and nothing makes me more angry to see people getting ticketed by a private parking company. So far, I have not received a ticket but.... I can assure you that if I did I would NOT pay it and neither would I IGNORE it. Instead, I would be writing to the company.

These tickets should NOT be ignored and..in the unlikely event that one of these companies decided to issue proceedings, you would at least be able to provide a "paper trail" to demonstrate to the court that you had acted responsibly and had provided a valid sensible reason why you do not believe that there is a debt.

The lack of a paper trail will not give any form of legitamacy to these invoices, as having a paper trail does not make them any less legitimate. These are invitations to pay and nothing else. If someone posted an invoice in your letter box for looking at your house would you feel inclined to write and dispute in the unlikely event they take you to court and the court are more likely to find in their favour because you did not dispute?

Ignoring is a choice but I like to have sport with these clowns

My whole intention of this is to increase their costs & time as if everyone did it they would be inundated. Shelling out for several hundred POLA invoices evry 30 days would soon exhaust their pot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]