Carphone Warehouse / MacKenzie Hall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I was wondering if I could get some advice. My husband is getting letter from the lovely MacKenzie hall chasing a debt of £321.06.

He hasn't had a phone from carphone warehouse since at least 2006 and this debt does not show on his credit file either.

Are they able to chase this? Should we ignore them? Would a statute barred letter apply to them if we sent one?

Hi,

Statute Barred = No payment or written acknowledgment of a debt for 6 clear years.

So if this is correct fot this debt send the following letter to the Compliance Manager

at Mackenzie Hall.

Ref:as on their letter.

Dear sir,

I refer to your letter dated xx xx xxxx in which it is alleged that I owe a debt for £xxxx in regard to a Carphonewarehouse account, please note I do not acknowledge any debt to Lowell.

Having reviewed my credit history I have concluded that any such debt is now statute barred, therefore I will not make any payment in regard to this.

Should Lowell wish to dispute the status of the alleged debt I remind you that the onus of providing unequivocal proof that the alleged debt is not statute barred lies entirely with Lowell, and unqequivocal proof of any alleged payment WILL be required

I require you to cease processing all data relating to me and remove it from your records immediately.

This is my final response.

Send recorded delivery and check when it is received.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: