Co-Op CDL Career Development Loan

CookieRocks
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, you will need to send a proper complaint to the Ombudsman.. but that letter above needs to go to the Co-op :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

That was the reason I asked if you had heard from Wescott - when you do, can you let us see what they have to say? What I think needs establishing is whether they have assigned/sold the account to Wescott or if Wescott are simply acting as collection agents.

If they are only acting as collection agents, then the Co-op are telling you a lot of Bull as they will still be in control of the account and will be issuing any statutory paperwork. Anyway, lets wait and see

1: what BF has to say

2: what Wescott has to say.

:)

Hi citizenB

Just got a letter from Westcott. It says they have been instructed by their clients to collect the outstanding balance on their behalf.

CookieRocks

Hi citizenB

Just got a letter from Westcott. It says they have been instructed by their clients to collect the outstanding balance on their behalf.

Have you received a reference number from the Financial Ombudsman yet ?

If not, just respond to Wescott along the lines of..

you are in receipt of your letter. Perhaps the Co-op have not advised them that there is a serious and official dispute in respect of this account at the present time and that a complaint has been/is in the process of being forwarded to the Financial Ombudsman.

If you have received a reference number from the FOS - add that the top of your letter - if you haven't then say in the body of the letter to Wescott that you will provide them with the FOS reference number as soon as they have made contact.

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

Back with an update (not much has happened so far).

FOS have taken the case on, issued a reference number and have written to the Co-Op asking for their side of the story. Apparently this can take up to 12 weeks, or I will be contacted within 12 weeks. I forget which way round it is.

In the meantime, I wrote to Wescot to inform them that the account is in Official Dispute. They've replied back saying their client has not heard from FOS at all. Reading the letters more closely, I've noticed that Wescots' client is The Skills Funding Agency and not The Co-Operative Bank. The account numbers which they quote is the same as Co-Op number. As far as I'm aware, the contract that was signed was and is with The Co-op. So I'm a bit confused in that respect. On Wescots' last letter they said they will put a 30 day hold on the account, however, the very next day they sent a 'discount offer letter. call us with a reasonable offer and we'll consider it'. I find that strange.

Should I write a short letter to Wescot querying why their client is SFA and not Co-Op?

CookieRocks

aha a discount letter

means there is something wrong wit the debt.

its not ppi

so it must be the agreement

or its littered with penalty charges.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

have ever

sar'd the co-op

checked what your CRAfile says about this debt?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

aha a discount letter

means there is something wrong wit the debt.

its not ppi

so it must be the agreement

or its littered with penalty charges.

dx

That was my thought too in regards to the Reduced Settlement Offer, already. I thought they'd wait for a while before dishing that out, especially since there is confusion over who owns it. Co-Op or S.F.A. At this stage whats clear is that Westcot are 'collecting' on behalf of their client. I've attached it below if it helps.

There's no PPI, nor any penalty charges that I'm aware of. I've got a copy of the original agreement, looks all in order. Would it be worthwhile CCA-ing them to see what they have?

have ever

sar'd the co-op

checked what your CRAfile says about this debt?

dx

I've not Sar'd the Co-Op as yet. I didn't think there'd be a need to do that. At no point has it been denied that the loan does exist nor has it been disputed. Might be worthwhile though, gathering any and all info whilst waiting for the FOS to quit twiddling their idle thumbs I guess.

I'll get my sister to check the CRA files the next few days.

CookieRocks

Yes, this is standard from Wescott. The minute a dispute raises its ugly head, they start offering discounts.

The fact is you have already requested assistance by way of an extension or more affordable repayment schedule and it was turned down. Plus you were mislead along the way..

You took the loan from the Co-op, IMHO, it is irrelevant where they obtained their funding from. Have Wescott's actually said that their Client is the Skills Funding people ?

The FOS appear to believe the Co-op are the Lenders.

BCOBS

Yes, this is standard from Wescott. The minute a dispute raises its ugly head, they start offering discounts.

The fact is you have already requested assistance by way of an extension or more affordable repayment schedule and it was turned down. Plus you were mislead along the way..

You took the loan from the Co-op, IMHO, it is irrelevant where they obtained their funding from. Have Wescott's actually said that their Client is the Skills Funding people ?

The FOS appear to believe the Co-op are the Lenders.

Hi citizenB. Wescot have stated their client is the Skills Funding Agency. It's in all their letters that they have sent. Do you think I should write to them and question that point?

CookieRocks

TBH, cookie, I really don't know. I am assuming the FOS are aware of Wescott's involvement ?

Hopefully, BF will be alerted by notifications to your thread and will pop in and advise.

BCOBS

• 1 month later...

ok well you are under no legal obl to deal with wetcloths at all.

pers i'd be paying the co-op directly via internet banking portal what you can

and advise them this by a formal letter

they wont be able to refuse

I hope BF pops in and comments on the lack of bcobs helping here

it also puzzles me that there is a discount offer flying around

something smells , we've yet to find out WHY

dx

and they

Right, well there is some positive in the FOS letter - they say the third party has to treat you sympathetically. It might well be worth you having a word with National Debtline - having them help you prepare a Common Financial Statement so you can see exactly where you are with your finances and what you can realistically offer Westclotts.

Once you have done that, you want to enter into a proper agreement with Wescott - they give you their bank details and you use online payments so you are in control.

I agree with dx that there is some degree of suspicion in the "offer" made by Westclotts - what I find more telling is that they will only tell you what this is if you were to telephone them.

As usual, the FOS sits on the fence and says just because the clause is there, it doesn't mean to say that the Co-op have to adhere to it.. in which case, why have the clause there at all !

It would be good if someone could offer further advice on any BCOBs issues to see if that could help.

BCOBS

It's all a bit annoying to be honest. I'd be interested in what others have to say re: BCOBs as that seems an avenue that could be opened up. From the FOS' reply it doesn't seem like they have taken BCOBs into account, as I did include it in my initial complaint. Hopefully someone will be able to advise in that regard. Maybe BankFodder will get a chance to look in before my deadline of 25/06/2013.

Thanks once again.

CookieRocks

Of course, they are right - as we have already pointed out - that they have a discretion to help you - but they don't have to.

The whole point of the complaint is that they seemed to be saying that they didn't have discretion and they were deciding against you on that point.

Was this point made to the FOS? Has the complaint to the FOS been posted up?

Of course, they are right - as we have already pointed out - that they have a discretion to help you - but they don't have to.

The whole point of the complaint is that they seemed to be saying that they didn't have discretion and they were deciding against you on that point.

Was this point made to the FOS? Has the complaint to the FOS been posted up?

Thanks for looking in BankFodder.

No, the complaint hasn't been posted up. On the form that they asked me fill in to initiate the complaint, I wrote a brief outline of the whole issue, although having looked at it, it's not centered on your final point. As already mentioned, I have the option to reply to the Adjudicator.

What advise would you give in regards to how to word the correct reply, encompassing the issue in hand?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

CookieRocks