@EE Mis-selling contracts?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, first time posting here, but just after a bit of advice.

I bought a contract tablet from here:

Cant add links, but it's the note 10.1 on the EE website

the site at the time clearly states includes unlimited calls and text, also quotes:

"With unlimited minutes and texts, you never need to worry about going over your allowance"

Having recently setup and logged into the ee mangment site I found I am geting charged for call and text. spoke to their customer service and they inform me that as it is a table it falls into their tablet charges which doesnt include Text and call. I'm awaiting a manager call back, but was after advice on what to expect as out come and how to deal with. I guess (hope) they update the website asap. to avoid others falling into the trap, so screen dumds of site are here:

again, cant post links, but I have them and to anyone they would be clear :-)

The only tangable offer they have come back with is to add voice and calls to the contract, but it will increase the contract by £20pm (from £36 ->£56) :-x

Any advice would be great

Cheers

G

Hi, first time posting here, but just after a bit of advice.

I bought a contract tablet from here:

Cant add links, but it's the note 10.1 on the EE website

the site at the time clearly states includes unlimited calls and text, also quotes:

"With unlimited minutes and texts, you never need to worry about going over your allowance"

Having recently setup and logged into the ee mangment site I found I am geting charged for call and text. spoke to their customer service and they inform me that as it is a table it falls into their tablet charges which doesnt include Text and call. I'm awaiting a manager call back, but was after advice on what to expect as out come and how to deal with. I guess (hope) they update the website asap. to avoid others falling into the trap, so screen dumds of site are here:

again, cant post links, but I have them and to anyone they would be clear :-)

The only tangable offer they have come back with is to add voice and calls to the contract, but it will increase the contract by £20pm (from £36 ->£56) :-x

Any advice would be great

Cheers

G

Is the link :

http://shop.ee.co.uk/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-lte/pay-monthly/mobile-tariffs/#

If so, it shows 8Gb / month, with unlimited texts / calls, for £36 (well, 35.99) per month.

However, within their T's & C's :

http://e-gain.s3.amazonaws.com/external/content/Ts%20and%20Cs/EE_PAYM%202012_v6%20.pdf shows £36/month, 24 months as 500Mb with unlimited calls / texts

http://e-gain.s3.amazonaws.com/external/content/Ts%20and%20Cs/EE_PAYM_MBB_2012%20v3.pdf shows the £36 tablet tarrif with 8Gb and no calls/texts included.

Looks like someone at EE got their "wires crossed" on their wireless tarrifs.

Does the 10.1 have a microphone / speaker so you can "use it like a mobile phone"?, and a "text app" so it can send and receive texts, such that it is "like a mobile smartphone, but with a big screen"?. The aim is to show that you honestly believed their description of the tarrif including calls & texts, and agreed only on that basis.

What does it say on any paperwork / e-maile contract you have received?.

If you "signed up" on the basis of 8Gb AND unlimited calls / texts then they should honour that, as it was their error.

If they come back with "we can only have you on the 8Gb contract, if you want calls it'll be £20 / month more", consider agreeing to the £56 package, but only if they rebate you the extra £20/month.

Get any agreement in writing (/ e-mail).

It is good that you have the page saved : if they don't alter it it is there for all to see, if they do alter it it highlights that they made an error and you were misled by that error!

Edited by BazzaS