style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How can We prevent being spammed from journalist Martin Lewis if We follow the Twitter feed for CAG ?

If I want Professional Financial Advice, I visit a Professionally Trained Financial Advisor.

But, for anyone who does know about Icesave and the other Icelandic Banks which failed, the following Channel 4 news with journalist Martin Lewis will be quite illuminating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx-ySEKUURI

Hello RebeccaPidgeon, welcome to the CAG.

Enjoy your visit, but take some time to look around the forum and understand where everything is.

It can seem confusing at first but you will start to find your way round and to understand what a helpful community we are.

You haven't received any replies to your post yet. Try posting your query again in a relevant sub-foum. You will get the help and support you need there.

• Confused 1

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Enjoy your visit, but take some time to look around the forum and understand where everything is

Can anybody disable this bot?

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Hi

Why disable? sir_ gilmour is only offering an introduction and basic advice to newcomers to CAG which I am sure they appreciate.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Can anybody disable this bot?

I hope you're not referring to Sir Gilmore! He's just bumping questions that have had no response, so they have an opportunity to be heard. What Sir Gilmore is doing is in response to a post from the forum admin:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?126507-Too-Many-Posts-Going-Unanswered-Your-Help-Needed&highlight=too+many+posts+going+unanswered

Personally, I think he's doing an admirable job - as far as I can tell, he's also the only person that bothers doing it, and it's pretty damn decent of him IMO!

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Hi

Why disable? sir_ gilmour is only offering an introduction and basic advice to newcomers to CAG which I am sure they appreciate.

Thank you

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

I hope you're not referring to Sir Gilmore! He's just bumping questions that have had no response, so they have an opportunity to be heard. ...

Personally, I think he's doing an admirable job - as far as I can tell, he's also the only person that bothers doing it, and it's pretty damn decent of him IMO!

I think that this is first appreciative comment I have ever received. Thank you very much

• Haha 1

I think that this is first appreciative comment I have ever received. Thank you very much

That's quite alright. As I say, it's a very decent thing to do - it can be really disheartening to be new to forums and feel like you're being ignored, particularly somewhere like CAG, where it sometimes takes a good bit of courage just to post in the first place.

Hats off to you, Sir. :)

• Haha 1

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

This looks like cheating to me. If a thread is fake-answered, it might look like the issue is sorted, while it's not. Leaving it unanswered makes it possible for somebody else in the future to sort it out.

I am subscribed to a IT technical forum where a group of people every week reviews all unanswered threads.

I love CAG but this forum has a few technical shortcomings that nobody seems to want to address.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

I cant see that it does presume the issue has been sorted. What it does do is pop the thread to the top so it becomes visible again.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Agreed, he is only saying hello and welcome and he does that 24 hours per day and all he asks if a few hobnob biscuits.

In fact I think he does such a good job and never argues that I am going to give him some reputations points.

Sounds like a Site Team candidate :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

This looks like cheating to me. If a thread is fake-answered, it might look like the issue is sorted, while it's not. Leaving it unanswered makes it possible for somebody else in the future to sort it out.

I am subscribed to a IT technical forum where a group of people every week reviews all unanswered threads.

I love CAG but this forum has a few technical shortcomings that nobody seems to want to address.

Is that you offering your services San D?

More:

Consumer

Action

Group

and less

Complaining

And

Grumbling

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Is that you offering your services San D?

More:

Consumer

Action

Group

and less

Complaining

And

Grumbling

Let's steady down a bit everyone, please.

We are all entitled to our opinions.

Is your IT forum as large as the CAG? Does it have as many threads started each day and are the variety of questions as large and as very complicated as here?

There is a team of about 30 people here trying to do their best to deal with as much as possible - assisted with great spirit, by all of the Caggers as well - and yet we are stretched.

It would be nice to have the kind of system which you suggest - but we simply don't have the resources - in terms of people or money.

Let's have a link to your IT forum so I can have a look.