someone has stopped all my benefits by pretending to be me!

Calamity1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just found out that 'someone' (I believe I know who) has used information that I provided the court with, to pretend to be me and closed all my benefit claims, saying I wasn't disabled. DLA, HB, ctb, ESA, all stopped and stoppage been backdated to September of last year.

Do benefits record phonecalls and will they provide me with this, or any letters? Does this count as identity theft, or fraud? Is this civil, or criminal? Basically, it's linked to witness intimidation.

Police are already investigating threatening emails sent to me; will they take this seriously?

Can I tell benefits that I want them to call in the police, as someone has impersonated me and given false information?

Uh, erk. Yes, what you describe is identity theft, and it is a criminal matter. The DWP benefits people should take it seriously if you have been misrepresented and your claims closed as a result. Impersonating another person is a serious criminal matter.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

The DWP and HMRC will routinely record calls

Some LAs do, but not all

The first step is to make a SAR for copies of all telephone conversations and correspondence

If the police are already investigating a related matter, you should inform them of what has happened

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Does this relate to your employment tribunal?

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Antone thank you.

id6052 thank you and I requested one today.

LaughingGirl, I think so and an independent solicitor I contacted also thinks so.

I found out, today, that someone claiming to be me, phoned up and, basically, cancelled all my benefits.

One thing after another...