Hammonds Furniture

clareyluxo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My mother entered into a contract with Hammonds Furniture to supply a built in wardrobe about 8 months ago for which she paid approx £500 deposit to the sales person when they called at her house, the surveyor came out and drew up plans which were not want she wanted but they insisted it would be the best plan for her bedoroom. A little time went by and she wrote to Hammonds to say that the design and materials selected by the sales person and the surveyor were not as she wanted and they resent the desiger/sales person out to visit her again. This was in September 2012, she was told that they would contact her shortly with her revised design but this did not happen. She wrote to them shortly after the new year to say that no-one had contacted her and she now considered the contract null and void and therefore asked for the deposit to be returned.

I would now like to write to them again as she has heard nothing but would like to know the best way to word the letter - short of mentioning I would contact Watchdog I don't really know where to start.

PLease could anyone give me some ideas or let me know what template I could use?

Many thanks, Clare

Guest Hammondsonlineteam

Hi Clare,

I am very sorry to hear about your mother’s recent disappointment with Hammonds.

We realise how frustrating it must have been for her to not hear back from Hammonds after a significant period of time.

The Hammonds team works really hard to get things right every time but we appreciate customers taking the time to let us know if we’ve made a mistake.

We take all feedback seriously and would like to help resolve this issue. Please can you provide your full name, postcode and Hammonds account number and we will look into this as a matter of urgency?

Thank you for your valued custom and for bringing these concerns to our attention.

The Hammonds online team

Hammondsonlineteam.

I have just sent you a private message asking you to contact our admin team on admin@consumeractiongroup.co.uk (no spaces)

We do not encourage members to post the personal details that you have requested on the forum for obvious reasons.

Perhaps you would like to have a look at the following link - to see how the Vodafone rep makes contact with members :) This of course is for reference only - until you have contacted admin then we are unable to allow you to post further.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2012**

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Hammonds Online Team

Thank you for your reply - I have seen this, your standard repy, on various websites where people have posted their dissatisfaction about Hammonds and the service they received.

My mother addressed her letters of complaint directly to Richard Hammond and is awaiting a reply along with the refund of her deposit. And as the reply has not been forthcoming as yet I posted on this site for advice on how best to proceed should the need arise.

How did your Mother pay the deposit ? By cheque/cash/Debit card ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi citizenB

She paid the deposit by cheque.

Thanks, Clare

Oh shoot, had she paid by debit or credit card, she could have done a chargeback. I will try and find someone who might be able to advise further.

BCOBS

It must be formal complaint or an LBA the company complaints procedure should though be exhausted before an LBA>

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Guest Hammondsonlineteam

Hi Clare,

The resolutions team have been informed and we would like to help you resolve this issue.

Please can you contact OnlineHelp @ hammonds-uk.com (without spaces) and we will look into this as a matter of urgency.

From the Hammonds online team

Clare, when you contact the Hammonds helpline, it often helps to include either a link to your CAG thread or simply to provide the title as a reference.

BCOBS

• 9 months later...

Claire I think your mother should have forfeited the money and bought something else, she will then have had a lucky escape!. We ordered a desk and wardrobes form Hammonds The grain of the desk does not run in the same direction and one of the drawers is so badly fitting that it grates every time we open it. The fitter who did the wardrobes broke a window then denied it. The quality of the goods is inferior and we have paid an extortionate of money for what is in effect is absolute tat!. Their customer services is shocking, they treat us with contempt, all they want is their money and couldn't care less about the customer. Probably too late now, but, in my opinion you should steer well clear of Hammonds.

Edited by Brummmie

• 10 months later...

Just been in to our local garden centre as Hammond has a concession there. Was pounced upon by a rather overwhelming sales person who before we could say anything asked us to enter into a competition about chocolate bars etc. She insisted to have personal info and say a surveyor would call to advise and measure up.

I could smell rat and said NO. She carried on and on and I had to forcefully say to her that we only came in to have a look. She insisted that we heard her out much to my irritation and I then walked out leaving my wife to deal with this idiotic woman.

Also the furniture were of very poor quality i.e. chipboard with veneer.

I cannot recommend this company and beware of their sales methods.

• 1 month later...

DO NOT TOUCH HAMMONDS FOR A KICTHEN

How can one company differ so much

If you use Hammonds for bedrooms they are amazing (from my own personal perspective0............

NEVER NEVER NEVER use them for a kitchen - we fell into the trap off if they are good with bedrooms surely there can be no issues with a kitchen

LATE installation, INCORRECT design - the designer Craig Starbuck thinks you can put in a double oven right under an induction hob

Still 8 weeks after the installation the kitchen isn't finished and now they are refusing to give me what was agreed but hey ho they have been paid in full by me

PLEASE learn from our mistakes