Legal obligation to supply information

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received a letter which states that it is a summons. It is on headed local authority paper with no date and asking me to appear before the magistrates sitting on a date that has already passed. I am now working on a time machine..

did you previously ask them for info re the LO? maybe they have sent this in response, ie a template 'copy' of what was (or should've been) sent prior to the hearing. is the date of the letter current or past? did you get one these prior to the hearing date?

as ssxxxxx said post, seems there is no actual copy LO, and they just send out there enforcement options once liability is 'rubber stamped' by the mags.

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Found the date at the foot of the letter. The letter also refers me to the important information overleaf as this may avoid the need to attend the court(on the day that has already passed.) On turning the page over it was blank. What do I do now?

Was the date you should have attended court when you where on Holiday

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?376701-Court-for-rent-arrears.&p=4085898&viewfull=1#post4085898

but I guess you already knew the date in advance anyway !

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

did you get a summons prior to the hearing?

Have a read of this thread which makes interesting reading and replies the from OP http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?376701-Court-for-rent-arrears.&p=4085292&viewfull=1#post4085292

Edited by 45002
  • Haha 1

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

oh ok! thanks, yes that explains things! :) looks like then the answer is 'yes'! and OP had said here post #7 'wasn't aware of a summons'!

Edited by Ford

IMO

Is someone confused over different threads on different subjects ?

Don't worry

Where not confused :smile:

Is someone confused over different threads on different subjects ?

no, not really. one point being you have had prior arrears/summons info re other council matters, so likely to have here, particularly re nature of your (non)answers/posts.

Edited by Ford

IMO

Its all very strange..

Had sent letter off to Executive dept of local authority. They have received the letter. Waiting for reply..

So what are you writing to LA about now !

Edited by 45002

Two threads on the same subject merged

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

A simple request from my local authority for a copy of a council tax liability order to date has not produced one. Is there any reason why this may be the case ?

see #15 etc for eg

Edited by Ford

IMO

No surprise at theses question's !

If u have paid in full. I would ignore it but expect wasted letters sent to you from now onwards.

Councils appear to be making things up as they go along..

Read up on the other threads on this issue. Save all paper work. You are in for a barmy time..

what part of the country you in..

What does the summons say and are there costs added..

That may actually work..

From

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?383167-Council-taking-us-to-court-when-council-tax-paid-in-full&p=4150060&viewfull=1#post4150060

Edited by 45002

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?382880-Council-obtaining-illegal-Liability-orders&p=4159587#post4159587

The wording of the latest letter I have received from the council states the following. At council tax hearings, liability orders ate applied for and granted for in bulk, as per a list provided by the council. Therefore there is not a copy of an order specifically relating to you, which I can send. That's interesting. Liability orders are granted in bulk, yet charge each individual £95.00 in court costs. Sounds a good racket to Me..

Edited by 45002

Did they get a liability order? if they did then it will stay in force and the debt will not become statute barred, a council has 6 years to apply for one normally and most Councils do get a liability order well before this time (The rules are different in scotland)

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.