Admiral Insurance Issues

Alex1980
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

June last year I had a total loss right off involving no other parties. The vehicle was valued at £265 and the excess was £250. I contacted Admiral who processed the claim within 24 hrs. Obviously nothing ventured nothing gained or lost. Several weeks later I received a new certificate of insurance and policy documents for my old right off and a letter saying I owed them a premium of £620.

When I referred to my exisiting documents I found that they had all expired in April 2012 including my certificate of insurance. My policy had been automatically renewed but no paperwork had been sent. I appealled to Admiral stating that clearly I have no documents in relation to the future premium you wish to claim and considering the low value of the car it clearly wasn't in my interest to have claimed because you now pursuing more money than the car was worth!!!!!!!!!

The explaination given by Admiral is the the paperwork sent after the crash was an admin error, they claim to have sent it back in April 2012!!!!! I never go it!!!!!! They also say that because I made a claim, I was aware I was insured through them and this means I have agreed to the terms and conditions of the credit agreement. The argument for me isn't whether I was insured or not.......its the future premium they are dicking me over for with the late documents they sent after the claim was closed!!!!!!

They have since refered me to a debt collection agency.

Any suggestions???????

Afraid I agree with them. You submitted a claim in June, 3 months after the renewal was due, therefore you accepted that there was a current policy in force.

Car insurance is a statutory requirement and the onus is very much on you to ensure that the vehicle is insured if you drive it on a public highway. If you are trying to argue that you didn't renew the insurance then you need to prove that cover had been arranged with another insurer. If you didn't receive any renewal documents then the onus would be on you to chase it up to make sure you had cover in force and you weren't in breach of the Road Traffic Act 1988.

The fact that you made a claim may also mean that you are liable to pay the full years premium.