Ex customer of Barclays bank

shazzi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:???:hi,im a ex customer of barclays bank,

9 yrs as a cutomer with them ,

i decided to claim back my charges,as they had been charging me 30 pounds 3 times a month

,i was on income support and a single mum.

the charges went on for 9-12 months,

i owed them 500 pounds on my over draft,

i agreed to pay them back 18 pounds every week,

they agreed,

i got down to owing them 150 then they kicked me out,

but i believe its because i got a intouch with a company to re-claim my charges because i couldnt afford it

and didnt think it was fair,

then a few weeks later i recieved a letter fr barclays infoming me my account would be closed

and that i return my credit card and cut through the chip and return it back to them,

i did as they asked and posted it back.

I still recieve letters fr debt companys or solicitors on behalf of barclays trying to recover the 150 pounds i still owe them,lol.

Its been 5 or 6 yrs since barclays closed my account

so i dont know if i can try and reclaim my charges back,

i never heard anything back fr the company i asked to re-claim back my charges,

but i did hear on the news that everyone claiming their charges back didnt succeed as all high court judges over ruled the ombusman,

so i havnt tried since,

i could be owed PPI but not sure if i can claim them either so am a lill confused.com :???: could u help plz :-D ty :wink:

was this a credit card or a bank account?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Shazzi,

If this was about your bank a/c, then you have no chance of reclaiming older charges.

If this concerns a credit card a/c, then you can reclaim all penalty charges added to the a/c.

#If you are still in Financial Difficulty and being hit by bank charges or CCard charges, read this - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?557-Letter-for-an-application-for-consideration-for-hardship

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Shazzi,

From what you've said, you have no chance of reclaiming the bank charges.

As regards what you left owing on the a/c, this will be Statute Barred 6 years after you last either paid toward the debt, or acknowledged it.

You may be able to reclaim any credit card a/c penalty charges.

Do you have statements to show what penalty charges were paid.

If not, do you know approx when you would have incurred penalty charges.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

i dont have any bank statements,i did pay something like 17 pounds a month for my credit visa but not sure for how long,i rem cancelling that, it might have been a year or 2 later

i think it might be worth your while to SAR them.

its hit n miss if they do have the statements

but on avg its worth the punt.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Shazzi,

In post #5 above, I was asking if you had any credit card a/c statements

If you don't have any but think there may have been any credit card penalty chgs in the last 6 years, send BC an SAR.

If you think it was 6 years or more since BC hit you with any penalty charges, you will have to take court action before you even get any statements older than 6 years from now.

And, if you get statements showing charges older than 6 years, you will then have to take separate court action to reclaim those charges.

So you probably need to consider if it's worth spending £10 on the SAR if you have no statements and you think ALL the charges would be older than 6 years.