Moving home and worried about final bill Edf energy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all,

Quick question, I am moving home on Saturday and am a bit worried about my final bill through EDF. I'm on dual fuel with them I believe (I say that as since I switched to their blue price promise April 2014 I haven't been able to submit my electricity reads online and can't see anything about electricity on my last bill. I'm in a home where things are mainly electricity based (have used about 1000 units of gas in a year and almost 7000 units of electricity). I've paid my monthly amount as usual but have trouble understanding any bills (last one I got was for June 12 and I'm in credit since then). I've spoken to their cs reps a couple of times about being unable to submit my reads but they've just told me to just give a final read on the day I move out.

Well as that day approaches A rough calculation of what the last estimated read shows and what I am in credit tells me I'll owe them about £400 on moving day. In itself that's ok but I'm a bit worried that I won't be able to pay it in one go. I could do with paying it over 3 or 4 months to be honest. Should this be possible? I don't want them taking £400 from my account by dd and would prefer to come to an arrangement with them. Likewise I wouldn't want the fact I could only pay £100 a month to negatively effect my credit file.

I'd just like a bit of advice as to how energy companies treat people paying their final bill when moving home.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I certainly don't mind paying them if I owe it and if they won't be difficult about getting it over a few months then that'll be a great relief.

Hi all, Had my final bill for £120 but it doesn't add up. To clarify I'm a dual fuel customer. Firstly it makes no mention of electricity at all. I've looked back and nor does my June bill (the last one on my account). The meter reads for both electricity and gas have now been updated. Secondly I was billed in June for £209. Up until Yesterday my account showed me £200 in credit with c£450 payments since my last bill. This information has now disappeared from my online account as the contract has now ended. I can't see reference to any payments before November... To clarify I've checked my online account and there are 2 bills on my account. One from June 12 and one from yesterday and yet on the bill I see: Your balance at your last bill was (2* Nov 12) £22.x cr Cancelled charges (excl. VAT) from 2* Feb 12 to 1* Nov 12 £175.x cr Payment x November 2012 - Thank you £59.x cr Payment x January 2013 - Thank you £29.x cr I have no idea why there are cancelled charges. There is no november bill. According to the site yesterday I was £200 in credit (I knew the bill had to be generated) not: Your charges for this bill Account balance before this bill £285. cr Your gas charges for this bill £425 I'm not sure why there are cancelled charges from feb when I didn't switch to them until March either? Regardless of all this I just wanted to check my rough calculation of my gas charges since the first date mentioned on the bill (it overlaps with my june bill and is my total usage since i switched across) This isn't completely accourate as since June my gas price went from 3.665 to 3.45p but I'm doing my calculation on the higher amount all the way through. Conversion factor and calorific value are taken directly from the bill (meter has m3 on it so assume it's metric)... First read 1650 Final read 2550 900 units total usage. 900 x 1.02264 = 920.376 920.376 x 39.2 = 36078.7392 /3.6 = 10021.872 10021.873 X 0.03665 £367.30 + £72.38 (standing charge) = 439.68 should be my total charge for gas for the year? So disregarding the overlapping bills, the missing bills, the missing electricity costs in their entirety, and the fact that my unit price actually dropped in August so it should come out lower. The fact that I have paid over £450 since my last real bill in June should mean by my calculations that the £122 they've asked for for my gas bill has come out of nowhere? I know this is a complicated mess but I can't decipher what they want :/

Edited by DH84

For some reason I'm losing all formatting and paragraphs when this posts. I don't expect anyone to read through that so I'll try and amend it when I get to my home pc.