Poll Tax 2 even bigger cuts to Council Tax benefit

osdset
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

£110.85,so what about the people on 71.00 a week esa/jsa or under 25's on even less who are going to face a short fall of 30% or more,IA,Im more worried about them ...

your still lucky than most people !

say what you like, I am not saying there isnt people worse off than me. But you cant say I have it easy because I am not on £71 a week.

Alot of people who will be on JSA rate have a partner or some other billpayer in the house. I think you underestimate how hard it is living on your own. Its incredibly diffilcult, noone to fall back on at all.

Its my opinion someone on their own with £110 a week has it harder than someone living with someone else on £71 a week, thats my opinion and you have yours. You seem to think I should be satisfied that I dont even have enough income to buy food. Because almost half of that £110 is going on my rent.

If I was lucky I wouldnt even be claiming this I still would be fit and healthy and in my last job.

How is Worried "lucky"? If I remember correctly, some IB is classed as excess income and taken into account for HB & CTB. Whereas if you receive basic JSA / ESA, you receive full HB & CTB for your situation.

yes thank you, eg. even before the new HB rules I didnt get full HB I was paying £20 a week towards my rent (now I pay £55 a week to my rent). I also didnt have full CTB either.

Some people seem to assume the higher rate is all cash in my pocket.

say what you like, I am not saying there isnt people worse off than me. But you cant say I have it easy because I am not on £71 a week.

Alot of people who will be on JSA rate have a partner or some other billpayer in the house. I think you underestimate how hard it is living on your own. Its incredibly diffilcult, noone to fall back on at all.

Its my opinion someone on their own with £110 a week has it harder than someone living with someone else on £71 a week, thats my opinion and you have yours. You seem to think I should be satisfied that I dont even have enough income to buy food. Because almost half of that £110 is going on my rent.

If I was lucky I wouldnt even be claiming this I still would be fit and healthy and in my last job.

Yes, I agree, single people living alone on benefits have it the hardest.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Have you applied for a discretionary housing payment to cover the shortfall?

In process of doing so. They have asked for a ton of documents (much more than when applying for housing benefit).

They have asked me for last 2 years bank statements, all debt details from past 3 years and proof I have a penalty for leaving my tenancy agreement.

In process of doing so. They have asked for a ton of documents (much more than when applying for housing benefit).

They have asked me for last 2 years bank statements, all debt details from past 3 years and proof I have a penalty for leaving my tenancy agreement.

Wow, we only had to prpvide 2 months' bankstatements.

You can't choose whether to claim IB ESA or CB ESA. You'd only be able to get IB ESA if your CB ESA is less than the law says you need to live on or you don't meet the criteria for CB ESA.

doesnt that sound odd to you.

Basically if someone qualifies for both they get the one with the lower payments?

Also estellyn did say I should be able to move over and I am below the law needs to live on value, thats the whole reason i want to move.

Basically if someone qualifies for both they get the one with the lower payments?

No, if someone would qualify for both, they get the one with the higher payment

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Alot of people who will be on JSA rate have a partner or some other billpayer in the house. I think you underestimate how hard it is living on your own. Its incredibly difficult, no one to fall back on at all.

If I was lucky I wouldn't even be claiming this I still would be fit and healthy and in my last job.

Yes you should be satisfied IMO

There are still more single people on just 71:00 a week than single people on 110:85,more people on the lower rates in England are going to be worse from April this year, yet you seam to feel hard done by all of this and want more by reading your posts.

I really do hope the Tories Do not win a out right victory at the next general election,as it will be even worse than it is now !

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

doesnt that sound odd to you.

Also estellyn did say I should be able to move over and I am below the law needs to live on value, thats the whole reason i want to move.

Yes on the basis that in the support group you should get an EDP as part of an income based claim which would be more than your current award.

Yes you should be satisfied IMO

There are still more single people on just 71:00 a week than single people on 110:85,more people on the lower rates in England are going to be worse from April this year, yet you seam to feel hard done by all of this and want more by reading your posts.

It doesn't make sense to say to someone 'there are people worse off then you, so don't claim what you're entitled to'. strange logic!