Poll Tax 2 even bigger cuts to Council Tax benefit

osdset
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think the law says need to live on value for IB Included The Disability Premium of £30.35 a week.

I am not sure if this is also for ESA. If it isnt I might now be a lower applicable amount. Meaning in 2013 for council tax I have a higher excess income. In which case I will switch to income related ESA. Since I qualiy for that as well.

Looks like IB to ESA had a backdoor cut.

When I previously moaned on here about been worse off on CB IB vs IS based IB I was told it evens out because of the Disability Premium applicable amount.

But it looks like ESA WRAG has no premium at all and SG only has Enhanced Disability Premium which is less than The Disability Premium by over half.

So on IB the applicable amount is £101.35 per week.

On ESA WRAG it is £71 so the entire WRAG component is excess income.

On ESA SG it is £85.80. So someone on IB ESA will be over the applicable amount but because they on a passport benefit they get max HB and CTB. But someone on CB ESA even tho they have the same income will get reduced HB and CTB.

Am I right?

Based on this I think I will be going up to about £34 a month in council tax.

Edited by worried33

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

worried33

thanks for advising which band you are in, i cant find 2013/14 rates for leicester, so using current rates

gross CT charge for band A for 2012/13 was approximately £970 per annum

after discount it would be £727.50 per annum

this equates to weekly charge of £13.95 - so this would equate to you having £2.79 CT support reduction per week (or approximately £145.50 per annum)

this reduction would be on top of anything you would normally have paid

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

worried33

thanks for advising which band you are in, i cant find 2013/14 rates for leicester, so using current rates

gross CT charge for band A for 2012/13 was approximately £970 per annum

after discount it would be £727.50 per annum

this equates to weekly charge of £13.95 - so this would equate to you having £2.79 CT support reduction per week (or approximately £145.50 per annum)

this reduction would be on top of anything you would normally have paid

Ok but you see I also gone from IB to ESA SG.

Am I right the applicable amounts are reduced on ESA SG signifcantly? So now also my excess income has jumped up. Looks like a cut via the back door.

I think the law says need to live on value for IB Included The Disability Premium of £30.35 a week.

I am not sure if this is also for ESA. If it isnt I might now be a lower applicable amount. Meaning in 2013 for council tax I have a higher excess income. In which case I will switch to income related ESA. Since I qualiy for that as well.

Looks like IB to ESA had a backdoor cut.

When I previously moaned on here about been worse off on CB IB vs IS based IB I was told it evens out because of the Disability Premium applicable amount.

But it looks like ESA WRAG has no premium at all and SG only has Enhanced Disability Premium which is less than The Disability Premium by over half.

So on IB the applicable amount is £101.35 per week.

On ESA WRAG it is £71 so the entire WRAG component is excess income.

On ESA SG it is £85.80. So someone on IB ESA will be over the applicable amount but because they on a passport benefit they get max HB and CTB. But someone on CB ESA even tho they have the same income will get reduced HB and CTB.

Am I right?

The normal rates of both cb esa and ib esa are at the applicable amount for hb/ctb, so no problem - except if you're awarded transitional protectional of a higher amount of cb ESA due to being on a high rate of incap, in which case you would be above the applicable amount for hb/ctb.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

The normal rates of both cb esa and ib esa are at the applicable amount for hb/ctb, so no problem - except if you're awarded transitional protectional of a higher amount of cb ESA due to being on a high rate of incap, in which case you would be above the applicable amount for hb/ctb.

Ok so the compinents are treated as applicable amounts thanks.

Is the EDP on top of that?

I just read this.

http://www.cpag.org.uk/content/esa-claimants-and-housing-benefit

I am now very confused should I be getting EDP payments as well?

I just read this.

Do you have a partner who works or savings?

I just read this.

Only once on ESA support group if entitled to income based to top up your cb esa. If you're still on incap, then no not yet.

to be entitled to EDP, traditionally you had to be in receipt of DLA care at highest rate

however if you are in support group for ESA: -

• you can get it within ESA(ir), HB or CTB
  • you cannot get it in IB or ESA©

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

this seems to now be steering away from CTB, so would suggest a separate thread for ESA issues

Ok I will make a new thread on the EDP payments.

But does EDP still apply for HB/CTB calculation on CB ESA?

The disability premium did apply on my HB when I was on contribution IB.

also to Ruby_Tuesday age addition is when you below a certian age on long term IB there was an extra topup payment.

I cant see if having to pay council tax out of benefit, if the amount of benefit paid is the amount the law says a claimant needs to live on, can really be argued as they say it has to cover all living expenses? bills included? so no way is it illegal to impose this charge?

or am I missing a point?

Ok I will make a new thread on the EDP payments.

But does EDP still apply for HB/CTB calculation on CB ESA?

Yes, but if you were entitled to the EDP on HB/CTB, (and are single with no other income) then you would be entitled to income based esa top up to your cb esa.

What's council tax. lol..

This

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?380161-Legal-obligation-to-supply-information

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am on ESA SG with IB topup.

So £110.85

So your one of the lucky one's then £110.85 be thankful for that....

I read on a lot of forums people on ESA only getting £71.00 a week !

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

This

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?380161-Legal-obligation-to-supply-information

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So your one of the lucky one's on £110.85 be thankful for that

And £56.25 for those of us under 25. Only meant to get it for the first 12 weeks; got it for around 22 weeks. :(

I cant see if having to pay council tax out of benefit, if the amount of benefit paid is the amount the law says a claimant needs to live on, can really be argued as they say it has to cover all living expenses? bills included? so no way is it illegal to impose this charge?

or am I missing a point?

There is a law where that income cant be taxed. But its obviously a grey area as things like VAT seem legal on it.

This

So your one of the lucky one's then £110.85 be thankful for that....

lucky or not lucky? currently I got a huge shortfall on housing costs due to a 30% cut in my HB. I dont have a partner or other billpayer in my house.

I am on ESA SG with IB topup.

So £110.85

lucky or not lucky? currently I got a huge shortfall on housing costs due to a 30% cut in my HB. I dont have a partner or other billpayer in my house.

£110.85,so what about the people on 71.00 a week esa/jsa or under 25's on even less who are going to face a short fall of 30% or more,IA,Im more worried about them ...

your still lucky than most people !

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...