Disciplinary Procedures

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It was me and my friend that did the same thing together. It is out of character and the only thing I could say is that we were pressured at work to meet targets for sales etc. I felt that making all those sales and not getting anything out of it was the reason why I did it. Never any issues at work.

I guess I can go to the hearing and just plead not to have anything connected to the police. But even then they may just inform the police and do it anyways.

I wouldnt plead for them not to get the police involved, you really need to leave the police element alone, you cannot really stop that now if it is to happen.

Personally I think you just need to go in and say you have recently felt a bit pressurised with things (I wouldn't say specifically the job) and that it was totally out of character and you apologise profusely and can assure it will not happen again, you enjoy working there blah blah blah.

The other thing is I assume your friend\colleague is also on a disciplinary, I think this will more than likely lead to dismissal as I cannot see them keeping one on and dismissing the other, that is a whole other can of worms.

Yea I understand that part, however he can claim unfair dismissal if they keep one and fire the other for the same thing. It's that precedent thing you were talking about.

Do you suggest I speak to my manager prior to the hearing and tell him I'm sorry about the situation?

Yea I understand that part, however he can claim unfair dismissal if they keep one and fire the other for the same thing. It's that precedent thing you were talking about.

Do you suggest I speak to my manager prior to the hearing and tell him I'm sorry about the situation?

Nope, regardless of your relationship you should not contact him. You put him in a precarious position, you would have already done some damage to your relationship already with this. Just sit back stay calm and awit the hearing

Is there anyway that I could suggest to the hearing manager whether he would asking my colleagues about their opinion of me? I understand it's a longshot but surely peoples opinion of me should be considered especially since it is highly out of character.

Is there anyway that I could suggest to the hearing manager whether he would asking my colleagues about their opinion of me? I understand it's a longshot but surely peoples opinion of me should be considered especially since it is highly out of character.

you can mention that in the interview

• Confused 1

My sister says that going through with the process is the best thing. If I were to resign, then they may call the police which is not what I want. And I also feel that I could just get a dismissal with the meeting. OR even if they are sympathetic enough, they may give me final warning, but highly unlikely.

It is out of character and the only thing I could say is that we were pressured at work to meet targets for sales etc. I felt that making all those sales and not getting anything out of it was the reason why I did it. Never any issues at work.

Pleading the action as out of character is fine. But blaming the company? Really not a wise idea!

You seem to be missing the point somewhat. You took property with the intention of permanently depriving it. It's only because you were found out that you gave it back, sons theft has still occurred. In any event, you can still be fairly dismissed for an attempted theft - it's a huge breach of trust.

Even if you went for unfair dismissal, chances are that you would receive no compensation as you contributed to your own dismissal by 100%. To even get that far, you'd have to show that NO reasonable employer would have dismissed in the circumstances.

You need to understand that this was your mistake and stop looking for excuses. All you can do is apologise and hope they take pity on you.

• Confused 1