Sales Assistant made untrue statement

sublimemick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

what are my rights? I'll try and keep this short.

Based in Northern Ireland - I received channels from Rep of Ireland and Mainland UK - via freeview and analogue aerial in UK and analogue aerial from ROI.

Well aware that both UK and ROI would be switching to digital, my requirement was that the new TV should receive both freeview and ROI equivalent.

When shopping (more than 1 year ago) I asked assistant if the TV in question would be able to pick up Channels from ROI without the need for separate set top box(this would have been a common request for consumers in Northern Ireland) and the sales assistant confirmed it would - all i'd have to do is re-tune TV accordingly etc - on this basis I decided to purchase the TV.

A colleague was with me during the discussion - and is witness to the conversation.

following digital switch over on 24/10/12 - i tried to re-tune - no joy.

sales assistant gave incorrect information upon which i made my decision to purchase.

in short - TV not compatible - set top box required.

what are my rights?

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately as it was a year ago you will have been deemed to accept the goods. Unless you have it in writing that it would work after the switchover you have little to go on. A judge would find that you enjoyed the goods for a year and would be entitled to next to nothing on a good day and end up paying costs on a bad day. A digital receiver is only about £20 so buy that as it is cheaper than a day in court.

Sorry to trivialize this thread but "Sales Assistant made untrue statement" is a bit like "Dog bites man". Where's the news? You should never believe what the salesperson says.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Very cynical san d and unfair on the many retail sales people who are honest and hardworking. I once had someone tell my customer never to believe a word i said as i was a rep. I felt like punching the cows lights out as it was a very unfair comment.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .