Burton storecard PPI - 2000

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Looking for some advice on whether I can claim mis-sold PPI on a Burtons storecard (Now Santander)dating back to the late 90's but was closed around 2007?

Can anyone advise on this and if indeed there was PPI even applied to this type of card as I no longer have any paperwork just some direct debit entries on my current account to show when I had this card and the re-payments.

Santander have already advised that they dont have any records of this, even though they supplied my account number on the response so find this hard to believe and think they are fobbing me off.

If you can be sure that PPI was paid then yes, claim it back.

And yes, PPI can be applied to this type of account.

You might get some data from a SAR although if the account was actually closed more than six years ago then they may have no data.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thanks, on my response letter I have enclosed a £10 cheque and asked for my full credit agreements etc but didn't send an actual SAR letter....hopefully they take my letter as the same but awaiting their answer. Sent it registered post on the 17.12.12 so just waiting for their response.

A SAR should specify what information you want.

Ideally it is everything that they hold on you. You shouldn't assume that they will know what you want.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

sent an sar asap, say you forgot o include it last time

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks all, i'll send it off tomorrow and hopefully they can provide this information to me.

Do you always have to take these companies to the FOS or would they on occassions just send you an offer?

no real way to tell

get the info first might be the biggest hurdle

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Santander cashed my £10 cheque and then sent me a letter stating the following:

"Regrettably, with the details provided i have been unable to locate any active credit card. I have located a store card number *************** however this has been closed for some time and due to the time elapsed we no longer hold the infirmation"

This account was only closed in 2007 and I provided them with the dates etc.

Any advice appreciated or is this a waste of time due to the age of this store card 1999-2007?

Thanks

Jon

I've seen elsewhere the suggestion to ask for certificate of destruction of data when they say they no longer hold. Plus, in your case, if it wasn't closed until 2007, unless it was first week in January, they may be in breach for not keeping the data 6 years anyway. Calling their bluff by asking for the cert of destr'n often yields data that was previously not available. You could also try an SAR to Genworth who likely were the insurers (see other threads on Santander / Debenhams). I have done this, especially as it is an older card as Santander try to wriggle out saying not being regulated pre 2005 and go talk to FLA.