Football

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:lol: That super six starts today, I might start a super six thread so people can post their scores up.

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is so sad if Bale bows down to this move. Tottenham should see that Bale is worth more staying at the club as he will attract the best players to the club and this is the opportunity for Tottenham to rise above them all. You will need Champions League Football to fill the new stadium Tottenham will build. The money offered for Bale will never be enough so Tottenham Board think seriously about this.

by all accounts he wants to go? and, can tottenham really turn down 80m or more for a player, even if they didn't want to go? i don't think so. anyway, they'll be ok without him, like they were without modric. they'll find someone else, esp with 80 odd mill to play with :)

Edited by Ford

by all accounts he wants to go? and, can tottenham really turn down 80m or more for a player, even if they didn't want to go? i don't think so. anyway, they'll be ok without him, like they were without modric. they'll find someone else, esp with 80 odd mill to play with :)

The thing is as I understand it, all the money has not been paid yet for Modric. This being the case, they can bid whatever they like for Bale but they have to put their money where their mouth is. I believe Madrid have been asked if they have the ability to pay the full amount up front but it seems they are dithering about this which suggests to me there is a cash flow problem. I wouldn't sell Bale but who am I. It's time to keep a player who can deliver.

Anyone else think that £80 million (or whatever it is now) is way over the top for Bale? Not saying he's rubbish. But it's a ridiculous amount to pay for one player.

Hoping to get to a few games this season. Something I really miss doing. When I lived in London, I'd go quite a lot; as there were a few teams on bus routes. Went to Hendon FC, Barnet and Charlton play.

Anyone else think that £80 million (or whatever it is now) is way over the top for Bale? Not saying he's rubbish. But it's a ridiculous amount to pay for one player.

Hoping to get to a few games this season. Something I really miss doing. When I lived in London, I'd go quite a lot; as there were a few teams on bus routes. Went to Hendon FC, Barnet and Charlton play.

I couldn't agree with your more!!!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

The thing is as I understand it, all the money has not been paid yet for Modric. This being the case, they can bid whatever they like for Bale but they have to put their money where their mouth is. I believe Madrid have been asked if they have the ability to pay the full amount up front but it seems they are dithering about this which suggests to me there is a cash flow problem. I wouldn't sell Bale but who am I. It's time to keep a player who can deliver.

oh ok, they want all the money up front. rarely does that happen with large transfers though, except if chelski, city and psg for eg. i think the usual is instalments with interest including any other 'conditions' eg a friendly etc. i just can't see them turning 80 plus mill down. ronaldo went for about that, and utd couldn't really refuse as he wanted to go apparently. like modric who was 'not for sale' but went. they have to say that to keep the price up. but, if a player wants to go what do they do? like re a Tevez? a good player kept and left to rot for a while and then sold later for a smaller amount (though city could afford to do that)? all interesting though. if bale is 80 odd, then suarez must be around the same or even 100 odd. and messi must be around at least 150 odd? though i still don't think bale is worth that, psg who are loaded paid 55 m for cavani who is a better player than bale imo. imo :)

another bid for the shrek from chelski? will he go?

also, didn't realise, but hearts did end up with a points deduction, and a signing ban! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23536242

Edited by Ford

Ford we're bottom of the league with -15 points, any chance we will stay up.........I think we will :) Team full of wee laddies, think we only had two players over 21 at the weekend.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Ford we're bottom of the league with -15 points, any chance we will stay up.........I think we will :) Team full of wee laddies, think we only had two players over 21 at the weekend.

hopefully. they used to be a challenger re top 3. now rangers and hearts have gone.

also hearts former owner subject to an arrest warrant http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23559868

Edited by Ford

Football needs to catch up with modern retailing, things like Interest Free Credit, Buy One Get One Free, etc.

Football needs to catch up with modern retailing, things like Interest Free Credit, Buy One Get One Free, etc.

:) looks like spurs are going for the sell one get one free! :)

transfer news hotting up:

suarez spitting his dummy again, determined to go. come on madrid bid 50m and he's yours. bale and suarez up front for you guys? go for it.

luiz to barcelona?

rooney to chelski still on?

fabregas to manure now dead? flamingo instead?

etc :)

Hearts 1-0 Hibs, yes !!!

Only 12 points behind them now :)

prem league started today, lfc top of the league :)

any predictions? duckwaddler?

arse v villa - draw

nor v everton - away win

sun v fulham - away win

west brom v soton - draw

w'ham v cardiff - home win

swan v utd - away win

Partick Thistle 1-1 Hearts another point, only -11 now :)

Partick Thistle 1-1 Hearts another point, only -11 now :)

:) maybe not insurmountable, partic given that the three above are still on 0, and there is only one to be relegated?

Edited by Ford

:) maybe not insurmountable given that the three above are still on 0, and there is only one to be relegated?

We could be in with a shout Ford, the three above all getting beat at the moment :)

St. Johnstone 3 - 0 Ross County

Hibernian 0 - 1 Dundee Utd

St Mirren 0 - 1 Kilmarnock

arse v villa - draw

nor v everton - away win

sun v fulham - away win

west brom v soton - draw

w'ham v cardiff - home win

swan v utd - away win

3 out of 6! :) was close though re the rest, except for the arse result. :)

arse lost. the price of suarez for arse has just gone up by 20 mill :)

Edited by Ford

if Wenger does not win something this season the fans will want him out! I am an Arsenal fan, someone has to be lol

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

if Wenger does not win something this season the fans will want him out! I am an Arsenal fan, someone has to be lol

i also think he is on thin ice. needs a couple of good players, at least in midfield (they still haven't replaced fabregas and van P) and up front (not suarez though :) )

also, you still need to get past fernabache (who are not bad) re champs league qualifiers (if F don't get banned)

Edited by Ford

i........

also, you still need to get past fernabache.....

looks likely now, arse win 3-0 away. the heat is off, for now

• 2 weeks later...

:) Fern ended up banned anyway.

good weeks/w'ends football. anyone see that coventry goal. marvelous, jumpers for goal posts :)

good win for celtic, tough group though. arse with an 'easy' one again.

Rooney faffing about again, well done mourinho for putting an end to it after the utd game. rooney off again in jan?

Bale saga still on! spurs using the press (eg sky) to keep the price up saying others are interested! yawn. just go as was expected, despite spurs saying from the off that he was not for sale, yet they've managed to spend his transfer fee prior :)

good weekend coming up. predictions anyone?

Edited by Ford