Capital One anyone heard of BWlegal - Statutory Demand Received

carriesue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I don't posssess a mobile but the doumentaion sent by BWlegal is exactly the same as 'yourturntopay'. The court I have to present information to is in the Strand. I have now found a token payment to Capone made in 2009.

.CCA request 15/4/09

T&C's received dated 27/4/09 .Notice of assignment received dated 21/8/09.Non/compliance/ Account in Dispute letter sent 1/9/09.

24/9/12 Lowells letter stating that they were still looking into my requst for CCA and asking me to contact Capone for it.

Copy of aggreement sent by Lowells dated 27/11/11 (no prescribed interest rates etc).

I am going to apply to Capone for SAR asap.

Do I just turn up at the court with all the correspondence from myself and creditors along with the SD anytime before the 18days please to have it set asisde. I received the SD on 13/12/12 by mail even though it was dated 11/12/12.. I am planning to go on 29th.

I am sorry that I am finding this all so confusing and thank you for your help.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think this is going to get a little complicated. The argument is whether Lowells met your CCA request on 27/11/11 and therefore there is no reason for a set aside to the SD.

The set aside does not incur any fee so you might as well do this, it is just what to put down on the forms. I think the court only requires a copy of the SD, together with 3 copies of the 6.4 & 6.5 form. Any other paperwork you have is only needed for any hearing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

When you say you have discovered a token payment to Capone in 2009.. what do you mean.. did you voluntarily make that payment - was it a payment of £1.00 or £10.00 for legal requests of CCA or SAR ?

Did you actually make the payment or is it a phantom payment ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 months later...

Letter received by post last Friday dated 12/3 informing me of an SD to be issued by BWlegal.

Stated that they had already attended my address on 11/3 without meeting me.

There was no reference to who the credior was, but informed me someone was calling at 1.45pm on 19/3.

Got home to find an SD that had been hand delivered whih was dated 26/2.

The creditor is CapOne- I received a statement of default on 16/12/08.

CCA request sent 15/4/09.

Received T&C's and a document purporting to be a CCA (no prescribed T&C's as stated overleaf of doc}.

Non compliance letter and then account in dispute letter sent 4/5/09.

Debt was sold to Lowells 14/8/09.

Correspondence continued between Lowells then Red then Hamptons regarding the account in dispute.

They advised me that account would be put on hold.-then asked me to contact Capone directly..

SAR was sent to Capone 31/12/12.

Capone stated that my request could not be fulfilled until I gave my original signature as I signed it in capitals.

I used an anti tamper strip but have still not recived a reply.

My question is before I set aside the SD

should I email bwlegal informing them of these discrepancies.

I have postal receipts for al correspondence sent apart form the last letter sent to Capone re: signature.

Many Thanks

you can safely sign an SAR

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

moved to legal forum.

lots of lowell SD's on here to follow

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think in this case, you would just do the set aside. I don't think it is worth contacting BW Legal, as the previous CCA request fulfilment can be argued.

Charges & PPI to be reclaimed ? Have you done anything about these.

What is the approx amount of debt ?

Do you know when you last made a payment to Cap1 ?

You have 18 days from the date the SD was received to do the set aside. There are loads of threads on here ( legal successes folder) with what you would need to put on the court forms. Have a read and post back, as others more knowledgeable about this should be able to help.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Debt for 3,500. No PPI. When I receive SAR I know there will be late payment fees. I sent the SAR in January and Capone stated that it would take aFURTHER 40days from receivership of my original signature would this be correct pleae? I would like to add this to the set aside evidence.

Many Thanks

Debt for 3,500. No PPI. When I receive SAR I know there will be late payment fees. I sent the SAR in January and Capone stated that it would take aFURTHER 40days from receivership of my original signature would this be correct pleae? I would like to add this to the set aside evidence.

Many Thanks

When did you arrange this Cap1 account ?

How did you arrange it ? e.g Posted form, internet

When did you last make any payment or admit to owing the debt in writing ?

Cap1 are asking for your signature to arrange the SAR. Yes this is probably correct and no problem to provide. You can protect your signature if you wish by signing over a a row of xxxxxx, but I cannot see why they would use it to copy/paste. When they have your signature, they have up to 40 days to supply the SAR.

The CCA you previously received is something that you can use to help, when you come to do the set aside. If there were was missing information then that should help. Also if they don't have the original CCA, they may not be able to proceed with enforcing the debt in court.

There are many threads in the legal successes folders that will help you when you come to do the set aside forms. e.g.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?372637-Lowell-Hamptons-Statutory-demand-***-Set-a-Side-amp-Dismissed***

Capone start date 2000 by post

CCA received did not contain prescribed terms.

Letter written in 2007 to request I made token payments due to serious illness and not being able to work.

Last payment made 3/2009.

I think I am becoming familiar with th set aside process - thamks to all th good infomation/advice.

I am concerned regarding bwlegals correspondence.dated 26/2/13 when I only received it through letter box by hand on 19/3/13..

Owing to the Easter holidays I do not think I will be able to make the 18days to set aside.

Thanks to all for your rsponses.

Sorry back again! Just looked at the SAR reply from Capone.11/1/13.They aknowledged my receipt of £10 but stated 'they are unable to review my request as the signature provided dos not match with their records. (I only signed my name in capitals).

They also request that I supply them with documentation showing my current signature- i.e driving licence or passport. My driving licence plus passort. Both documents are older than the debt!

I am happy to oblige but on looking at my signatures they do tend to vary.

Is their request valid please?

yes

dx

and they

Sorry back again! Just looked at the SAR reply from Capone.11/1/13.They aknowledged my receipt of £10 but stated 'they are unable to review my request as the signature provided dos not match with their records. (I only signed my name in capitals).

They also request that I supply them with documentation showing my current signature- i.e driving licence or passport. My driving licence plus passort. Both documents are older than the debt!

I am happy to oblige but on looking at my signatures they do tend to vary.

Is their request valid please?

You had a thread about the same before Christmas. Have you been issued with two SD's ? This is a bit odd.