Mr R v Nationwide

vincenzo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm new to posting here but I'm seeking to recliam the charges that Nationwide has been ripping me off for since 2001- £4575 and small change. They have been a constant bind since starting uni in 2000.

Anyway I've sent the first letter (from the library) off ten days ago but, perhaps unsurprisingly, they haven't replied.

I'm about to send over the reminder but I thought I'd check to see if there was any advice going, or if people had any thoughts as to why they haven't even tried to reply?

I've not done an DPA since I got a full set of statements, should I still put in a request?

Look forward to replies,

Many thanks!

V

In your case the DPA is not essential - however, it would be worth doing one just in case they decide to defend in court (this has to be considered - however unlikely).

All you need to confirm is whether they have any documentation about manual intervention on your account. Almost certainly they won't have - but once that is confirmed, any attempt to use it as a defence in court would not get much sympathy from a judge. Also, this need not delay your action, since you know what you are claiming.

On the other poing, just to confirm - when you say "reminder" I assume you mean the Letter Before Action, which gives them a final 14 days to pay.

The fact that they have not responded is no great surprise - however, just to ensure they cannot say they didn't know about your claim, I would advise that you send this letter by recorded delivery.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

Many thanks Alan,

I have indeed sent the letter by recorded delivery.

I take your point about manual interventions and will put forward a DPA request.

I addressed the letter to Charles Bacon mentioned on the forum as the person who letters should be sent to. I have no way finding out whether he is the correct person to be dealing with the claim but as someone at Nationwide signed for the letter I sent, I assuming that someone should have responded to my letter. Can't believe that they just ignore people, especially when they've taken almost £5000 off them!

V

I found it hard to believe as well, and if my claim is anything to go by they will not acknowledge any letters or contact you in anyway, I think they hope that you will just give up and go away.

Just stick to your timetable and don't worry about them contacting you.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks