ESA WRAG sanctions/work programme

Butterfly9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you 45002

Of course, we hope we can phone to re-arrange, if need be, I just wanted to be aware of the cirumstances if things don't go to plan. And to be aware of what we can do, if things go badly. After all, with my husband having a lot of appointments each week, I find it difficult to imagine he will be able to go to these appointments, and do as they ask, if they are even slightly unreasonable or not so understanding.

I'm just hoping for the best.

Thank you for the replies.

Well I was asking 2 separate questions, one about the appointments and what will be expected of hubby, which was answered in the first thread and the other was to find out whether a sanction means couples rate would be sanctioned or just the single person, which hasn't been answered....

I'm happy to keep both questions in the same thread though...

So does anyone know if it will be the couples rate that will be taken off us, or just my other half part?

Also, can he refuse to be put on the work programme/work placements until his counselling has finished?

butterfly, appreciate you are worried on behalf of your husband. But going to the interview allows the advisor to evaluate whether your hubbie would be suitable to be mandated onto the work programme. And from all you've said seems pretty obvious he won't be, especially with him having to attend his therapy meetings which will hopefully get him well. As other posters have said at the first interview if it's obvious someone isn't ready to be mandated, they won't be, as there's no point and no financial bonus incentive for them to do so..

Only by going to this first interview can you put a stop to the worry about what might, happen and all the ifs and buts. Often the unknown is a lot more scary and worrying than what actually happens.

@fightingback99

Thank you for your post, you are right, 100% right. I guess I am just expecting that the job center will fail us and my hubby will indeed be forced onto something and have to stop all other support to do so.

Thank you again, you've helped a huge amount. Let's just hope they have the same view as you.