Shanusascarabus V Yorkshirebank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there people, Only just started my claim against YB in Morley.. sent DPA letter off on 9th Oct... ill update this thread as and when..... one quick question though, Are YB one of the easy ones to claim from or are they proving to be one of the really arkward ones???

Many thanks

Shane

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome,

They're not the easiest to claim from, I really wouldn't expect an easy ride from them although atleast they were organised enough to make getting to the MCOL stage fairly easy for me, but they do put up a fight though.

Don't let them get on top of you, and remember its your money at the end of the day. Just follow the process outlined here and you will get every pennny back.

Personally I'm hoping they drag mine out for atleast another fortnight, purely because I quite like that by that time interest will take my claim to exactly £3k (for a day). All started because one of their more unpleasent drones in the call centre refused my request to refund £35 for a returned £3 S/O. Just seems somehow poetic ;-)

Hugh

Hi and welcome,

They're not the easiest to claim from, I really wouldn't expect an easy ride from them although atleast they were organised enough to make getting to the MCOL stage fairly easy for me, but they do put up a fight though.

Don't let them get on top of you, and remember its your money at the end of the day. Just follow the process outlined here and you will get every pennny back.

Personally I'm hoping they drag mine out for atleast another fortnight, purely because I quite like that by that time interest will take my claim to exactly £3k (for a day). All started because one of their more unpleasent drones in the call centre refused my request to refund £35 for a returned £3 S/O. Just seems somehow poetic ;-)

Hugh

Ha ha, same here, I got a returned Direct of 35 plus 8 for the day plus 25 at end of the month...£68 cos i went over a few quid...EDIT b+++++ds...Hopefully now due to their ignorance its gonna cost em a grand or so...just gotta wait for my statements...( or rather excuses )

Edit due to liberlous comment

• 3 weeks later...

Well i got my first reply off them on28th october, its a letter saying under the protection act they will be happy to post out my statements over the past 6 years however they have no obligation to send out manual intervention under this act...does this really matter at all???, if i was to be honest id have to say i dont even know what manual intervention is.

If any of you have any hints tips or know what the manual intervention is i would be very grateful...wish me luck and good luck to the rest of you!!!

Most people get this letter with that quote about manual interventions. I was told to not worry about it. Good luck :)

Sarah.

Yorkshire Bank

Started Process 19th Sept 2006.

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

Hearing Date 7th June 2007.

WON!!!!! 6th June 2007 :D

Frequently Asked Questions

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

Ok so the statements came this morning ( 2nd Nov ) and its calculator time... 6 years worth of adding up..... now just one little thing...what is it i add up to claim back...the daily charges the month end charge and any rejections of direct debits ???, is there anything else at all???????

Wow.... just added up the daily charges and the month end charges and the amount is £1516:eek: :eek: :eek: .... thats more than I thought... I was thinking about £900... what a set of edit B*&~#ds:mad: ... do i need to add anything else to this ie the debit interests or the 8% interest iv read about...sorry for being a dunce people but im a real begginer

EDITED due to libelous wording.

Yes you do.Dont give them any excuse to wriggle out at a later date.Keep copies because they will try and say they have not had a schedule from you.When I raised my claim they threatened to go for a strike out saying I had not provided schedule of dates and charges etc,despite the fact these had been sent twice and aknowleged by them

;) If this helps please click the scales bottom left

Follow the process to the letter Shane because YB will try every trick in the book to avoid or delay paying out. I did MCOL on June 21st and I doubt I will have my money back this year, so be prepared for a long fight if you want all of your money back

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok then, cheers for that... it will take ages but I guess i'd have to do it eventually anyway for court....does anyone know where to find the blank forms as I cant seem to find them, also I dont want to sound like a doom and gloom kinda bloke but has anybody actually got their charges back from yorkshire bank yet????..... and do all yb claims end up going to court??

Cheers once again

Shane

None have gone to court and the successes are in the successes forum. Check out the step by step instructions and FAQ's for how to proceed.

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Wow...Im in shock... firstly cos iv recieved a letter back from YB only 2 days after sending them my LBA:eek: ... i thought they would drag this out....secondly im shocked cos they wont be refunding my charges :) .. i cant believe it...and there was me expecting a cheque... yes guys n gals, you guessed it.... i got the standard " your fault and your responsibility " letter from them, also the bit i found strange was on the letter it said " over the last 3 months" and not the 6 years that i actually sent them claims for???.......... Now im guessing now that I just sit back and not do a thing until the 28 days passes for the LBA... is that correct?

Cheers

Shane

Was this the LBA or the preliminary request for payment? You should give them 14 days to pay up on the prelim and 14 days on the LBA, making a total of 28 days.

I refer to my previous post advising you to check out how you should be proceeding. You can't afford to be complacent with YB as they will do all they can to delay and deter, so you must understand the process for your claim, and the legalities behind it. It is much easier to get it right in the first place than try to salvage your claim at a later stage if the process isn't followed properly.

What's Best for You?

Got court confirmation letter through today...YB have until 13th Dec to reply/defend itself... I wonder what they will decide to do.... oh yeah thats it...ignore the court no doubt and then claim they never got the letter.

One thing i did notice is the court is in Northampton, does this mean I will have to travel there whne they decide to defend themselves only to ask for time??

I've not done my claim via mcol but I believe that you will be sent papers where you will be given the chance to have the case allocated to your local court.

Sarah.

Yorkshire Bank

Started Process 19th Sept 2006.

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

Hearing Date 7th June 2007.

WON!!!!! 6th June 2007 :D

Frequently Asked Questions

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

Don't worry it will be transferred to your local court. All the MCOL claims start in Northampton.

What's Best for You?

• 2 weeks later...