abbey - ERC's - reply to LBA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Not yet but there are a few of us trying.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

• 4 weeks later...

Read around and you will find the answer to your question.

Plenty of people have asked the same thing and cases are well documented.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

• 1 month later...

hi

i have rec'd a reply to my abbey lba today - basically saying sod off and enclosing the t+c's of the contract.

do i take them to court - the early repayment charge is £2000, so i anticipate a large moneyclaim fee if i lose.

i had a 5 yr fixed rate deal - and pulled out after 1-2 yrs, mtge rates had gone up since i took my mtge out - so i can't see how they lost out at all.

what do you guys think i should do?

Thats the same as mine, moneyclaim fee is £120, mine should have gone in on Monday but I'm going to have to wait a couple of weeks.

Sam

I'm a Foolish person

IGroup ERC £1928.64 Ist letter sent 12/9

LBA sent 26/9

Moneyclaim input 13/10

Claim acknowledged 6/11

Received fob off letter 11/11

AQs sent back, IGroup request multitrack and hearing

Guest Niklowe

I would carry on if I were you. The T & C bit is what they always say to claimants in the hope that it will frighten off people at an early stage.

It's up to you in the end though. Weigh up the almost certainty of getting your £2000 back or the very slim chance of losing £120.

errr....Abbey arent gettingt this - the T&C's are the point!

You agreed to the T's & C's, but the ERC term will be unenforcable if the ERC represents a penalty rather than a genuine estimate of their losses.

If you take them to court, it will be up to them to provide evidence which proves the ERC is a genuine pre-estimate of the losses they sustained by your breach of contract - something its very unlikely they will be able to do.

I'd suggest you Read Zootscoot's thread from start to finish -this should give you a good understanding of what it is your are going to argue should it get to court and why Abbey's reply is total rubbish (my girlfriends ex-mortgage company actually replied stating that her ERC was applied for breach of contract - really, really dumb of them)

All advice is offered in good faith based on my own research and understanding of the laws involved, however I'm not a lawyer!

Please dont rely on annoymous advice posted on a public forum without checking it out for yourself first!

Hi boltonangel,

They haven't explained their genuine losses to you at all, instead (as usual) furnished you with all the t's and c's bollox and that you knew about these when you signed up! Ah yeah, but you didn't know how much profit they made from your ERC do you??!!!

Go to MCOL - you can only lose £120 - it's worth every penny!

Good Luck :)

--------------------------------------------------------------

HSBC

Settled in FULL on 8/8/06 - £3619.53

:D

CAPITAL ONE

Settled in Full on 6/9/06 - £84.76

ABBEY NATIONAL (Old N&P Mortgage)

Settled In Full on 2/3/07 - £307.13

SPML

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

MORTGAGES PLC

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

its less than £5k, so it will be allocated to the small claims track - you will only have to pay the £120 (which you'll get back when you win)

You cannot be liable for Abbey's costs on the small claims track

All advice is offered in good faith based on my own research and understanding of the laws involved, however I'm not a lawyer!

Please dont rely on annoymous advice posted on a public forum without checking it out for yourself first!