Unrecorded Enquiry search by Lowell Portfolio

MY money!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I very recently had two long-standing credit agreements removed from my credit file just after the six year anniversary of the original default date. These two debts were originally with Egg, who subsequently sold the debt onto Lowell Portfolio.

I neither acknowledged or paid anything to Lowell and assumed that all was well in relation to this on my credit file, when

both entries disappeared at the start of this month.

Just today I got an alert from Experian (who actually had no record of these debts on my file, only Equifax seem to have had them recorded) that Lowell Portfolio had done a Unrecorded Enquiry search a couple of days ago.

Should I be concerned about this search? I realise that it makes no odds to my credit history as it's only visible to Lowell and I,

I'm just curious as to why they would do any kind of search now when the debts are no longer on my file?

I'm just worried that they'll get back in touch, although I have since moved house a couple of times, and try to get me to pay or

at least acknowledge the two defaulted credit agreements.

Can anyone shed any light on this as I was only just starting to relax in relation to this :|

Many thanks in advance

Have you made any payment on these accounts in the last six years (5 in Scotland) or acknowledged them in writing within the same period?

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I haven't acknowledged or paid anything to Egg and then Lowell Portfolio for the past six years.

(I am in Scotland and did think of asking it to be written off a year ago, but I decided to leave well enough alone and sit it out till the full six years since the default date had elapsed.)

Given that there's now no record of the two debts on my credit file with either Experian or Equifax, I found it rather strange that they would randomly do a search now?

I thought once the six years had passed and there was no record of it on my file then it was completely gone? :???:

Ok good, so these are well SB then.

So in Scotland, as you probably know, the debt is gone for good.

The search you mention won't show to anyone else and won't affect your score.

Lowell may well be looking for something to try and hang on you in respect of an SB debt but you have the perfect defence of SB if they try anything on.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thanks for the reassurance.

I was getting myself into a tizzy thinking they were going to come after me again.

Naturally, if they do, I shall tell them firmly that there's nothing doing and they've missed the boat! :D

• 3 weeks later...

OK...now I'm starting to panic a bit more...

Lowell obviously discovered my new address when they did their recent Unrecorded Enquiry Search and Red Debt Collection Services have now sent me a letter advising that Lowell have now

passed the debt onto them.

They now want me to pay the debt in it's entirety (as if!) or to arrange a 'suitable payment plan'.

As I mentioned in my first post, this debt (and another with Egg the Lowell) were removed from my credit file in the middle of November as 6 years had passed since the default date.

Should I write to them and advise that the debt is now obviously Statue Barred and point out that they can't keep harrassing me, or do I just ignore the letters from Red (which are

bound to come in avalanches now) and hope they give up?

Are these two debts (both now removed from my credit file) definitely gone for good, given that I'm in Scotland.

I thought this was over once and for all :(

It also crossed my mind that maybe I did contact them at some point (although I'm convinced I haven't for way more than five years), can they

still pursue me after 6 years in the event that I did?

I think I've figured out that they can't actually now post anything about these old debts on my credit file so it won't affect that, but I'm more concerned about again being relentlessly

pursued for these sums. Thankfully we're ex-directory so we should avoid the endless phone calls at least :smile:

Ok send this to

The Compliance Manager

Lowell Group.

Ref: as on their letters.

Dear sir,

I refer to the letter from Red Debt Collection regarding the alleged debt for £xxx .xxx please note I do not acknowledge any debt to company of the Lowell Group.

Having reviewed my credit history and on taking advice on this matter I have concluded that any such alleged debt is statute barred therefore I will not now or in the future make any payment or offer of payment in regard to the alleged debt.

Should you wish to dispute the status of the alleged debt you must be aware that the onus of strict proof that the allged bet is not statute barred lies entirely on Lowell and it is not for me to prove that it is so barred.

You will now cease to process all data relating to me and remove from your records.

I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2012 and the sections regarding the pursuit of statute barred debt.

Final Response.

Send recorded delivery and check receipt.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 6 months later...