Welcome Finance any dealings???

falcon185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I find it hilariously funny that they won an Investors in People award. It should have been renamed as Insensitive to People award or Investors in wripping People off Award . IMO ;-) Any further suggestions?? :-D

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi WFFs (Welcome Freedom Fighters :) )

Well N1 finally completed, took rather longer than I expected to fine tune and stretches to several pages. So off to local court tomorrow and a faxed copy to Mr S tonight.

Feel relieved its finally at this point.

Grapes can you please post their fax number i may well do the same with my next letter and court details

£914.00 unfair bank charges recovered from NatWest after 1st letter :)

£255.00 unfair bank charges recovered from RBS after 1st letter :)

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Woolwich 2 defaults removed, 1 ccj removed. My credit file is now clean :D

Welcomes pcs all have DIP available (Document image processing) DIP is the name of the program they use to bring up copies off any paperwork relating to any loans of any description.

Absouloutly (sorry i cant speel that!) anyne who works for them has access to this system.

Their CC/DC processing system goes down on the first (and second on weekends and bank holidays) of every month, this info cannot be accessed by them at all at this point.

Hmm, read through a few more.... on second thoughts I'd rather buy an old banger for £800 (what i have available) than have to go through some of those things for 5 years! I'll be cancelling my appointment tomorrow, or maybe i just wont even bother turning up, seems they mess other people about enough :p thanks all :cool:

Richard I agree, you can pick up a pretty decent runaround for a few hundred quid. Dont go to the Sharks, buy private locally if you can, check out the Autotrader website thats what I did ;-) I was greedy and got a BMW 525 immaculate condition, full service history for £1200 :-D Who needs WElcome!!

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

wheres everyone up to with their Welcome fight then?

This thread seems to be dying a slow death, we all used to be so on the ball, we must be slacking!

I've got my SAR but awaiting a reply to my CCA request.

I know Grapes has issued court papers. What about everyone else?

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Mines on hold because concentrating on 3 other claims at moment, and when ready want to give welcome my full attention. Have recieved my SAR stuff, and need to prove PPI misold I suppose but not sure about approach yet as not done much reading on this one as yet.

The time will however come when I will batter them hard with a claim.

Any suggestions on the approach for the PPI bit would be welcomed. lol

Tanz

I'm slacking and I'll admit it :D. Need to get my finger out, I've had a knock back letter to my initial request for repayment of charges and ppi, what I did find 'amusing' was the confrontational tone of the letter, something along the lines of 'we will pursue you for costs...blah blah blah'. Well I really couldn't care less so I'll be drafting a letter before action and continuing.

my knock back was quite amusing too, it said something along the lines of "we are prepared to recieve court documents" like they are daring me to take them to court. So i will!

I'm currently in discussion with a solicitor who has been dealing with Yes car credit customers, am currently thinking i may be better off taking legal advice and paying them and actually winning.

I've hit them with a letter before action but i am going to send another just before i put my court papers in. They have basically said that my PPi is statute barred as it was originally sold more than 6 years ago, but i know it was mis-sold to me, so the 6 years dont start until i put my SAR request in as far as i am concerned.

Hi everyone

Sorry I have not posted recently a lot of things going on which has given welcome a bit of breathing space.

Been looking for new job as AOL has just pulled out of their contract with their scottish support office and transferred to India. So I am in limbo land as from Sunday 14th which was our last day and all we were offered was crips and juice and your P45 at the end of January.

Lets hope the old saying is true as one door closes another opens.

I will write to welcome today giving them a final 7 days before proceeding to court.

Hope everyone had a good new year.

Richard I agree, you can pick up a pretty decent runaround for a few hundred quid. Dont go to the Sharks, buy private locally if you can, check out the Autotrader website thats what I did ;-) I was greedy and got a BMW 525 immaculate condition, full service history for £1200 Who needs WElcome!!

Yes indeed, that's exactly what I'm doing now ;) and wow I'm also looking for a 525i or similar, nice cars :D

I'll be cancelling my appointment tomorrow, or maybe i just wont even bother turning up, seems they mess other people about enough :p thanks all :cool:

Ha Ha the phone call to cancel my appointment was interesting.... may I ask why you have changed your mind?... at this point I was going to say "no" and hang up, but I thought hey lets see what they have to say, so I explained I had heard of their excessive interest charges, missold payment protection, ridiculous fees for letters and phone calls etc etc, his only answer was to deny everything and insist they have a better deal than anyone else!!! I nearly ****ed myself laughing at this point! :lol:

Anyway, told him surely and firmly I had made my decision and did not want to be contacted by them again. During the phone call I did catch glimpses of some of the pressure they must apply to people, so glad I stumbled upon this website when I did! And I wish you all luck in getting your money back.

Hi Richard,

hope you mange to find the 525 your after, I'm very impressed with mine.

As for the phone call to cancel your appointment I would have loved to have heard it, it MUST Have been great fun but I might have been inclined to keep the appointment and made my points in person, would have made them squirm even more, then walk out lol

JUst to update everyone else on this thread, my fight is on hold at the moment, got a couple of big days coming up with banks etc so ned to focus on them first, once they have been completed I will give Welcome my full attention. I will keep popping back in and helping whenever I can so keep up the good fight good people. This looks like one of the longest threads on CAG and I'm so pleased so many have responded since I started it.

Good luck all of you.

Bazza

i've got no proof of PPI either and the insurance company they provided details of haven';t heard of me either, hence i am pushing for my ppi back!

Hi, I am preparing my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) for Welcome and was just wondering if anyone has requested a signed credit agreement from Welcome and received it, or if they haven't received it had the debt canceled?

Marie.

My CCA request was sent to them in November. The date that an offence was commited was Jan 12th. I did receive a 'photocopy' of my agreement on 16th jan. But, as this photocopy was just that and failed to include terms and conditions or up to date statement, it can not be considered as a properly executed agreement, therefore my request has not been complied with. To that point, they have commited an offence and I'll let you know what happens after they receive my warm and cuddly letter explaining this to them!!

Smoothy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read throught the

FAQ's and when your ready, start a thread in your banks forum to keep us all updated!

If the information I have provided is useful, please click the scales!

Hi all – I haven’t been on much since Xmas as one of my kids has been seriously ill, so other priorities as you can imagine. Anyway, I need to have a read through recent pots (a few new posters to I’m pleased to see) & then I will resume the ongoing battle! LOL. I’ll start posting updates as soon as I have anything to report. Oh – a belated Happy New Year by the way!

Hi sol hope everything is going well now.

It's been a good thread to read.

I have now got the Data protection Manager details, bless um!

Preparing a summons to court, there filing is appaling.

Kind regards

Stephen

SBFIDO

Accredited Member of the CIEH

No more will I be bullied or harassed.

When informed that the call is recorded for training and monitoring I always say I don't want it used for training. :razz:

I always ask for the ICO registration information - they often dont have it, shame i never discuss my personal data unless I know they comply with the DPA.

Finally I always record calls and state at the start of there call. Although I don't have too.