Welcome Finance any dealings???

falcon185
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Just thought I'd update where I'm up to with Welcome....my dealings are buried in this thread somewhere!!

Just as I thought they rang me at work the day before payday...despite a firm letter warning them not to. Despite everything I wrote in my letter, which I know they recieved, the cheeky beggar asked if it was ok to take the 'usual' monthly payment. I kept nice and calm and told him:

a. he did not have my permission to take payment from my debit card as he had taken a payment without permission the previous month (he didn't know I've changed my debit card since then)

b. I was not at all happy about the huge amount of money still owed and was looking at the SAR to see just how much of what I owe is made up of charges and PPI and that I would be in touch with them shortly about this

c. He was no longer permitted to ring me at work so please put anything else he wanted to say in writing.

I put the phone down feeling very good that I would not be sat at my desk every month the day before payday waiting on that phonecall.

That was until....about half an hour later unbelievably he phoned me back! persistent or what? He asked me if I had changed my debit card?? So he had obviously blatantly tried to take a payment from it. I told him yes I had and I had no intetions of providing him with my new card details. I warned him once again not to ring me at work or I would report him for harassment.

Earlier this month I got the courage up to tell my colleagues what was going on. Most of them knew anyway as some of them had taken phonecalls from welcome before in my absence. i was sick of whispering into the phone in embarassment every month. They were all gobsmacked at the front of welcome blatantly ignoring my demands to quit phoning me at work and even more gobsmacked that the guy tried to take a payment from my card after I flatly refused.

Anyway yesterday i recieved a letter in the post from them offering to cut what I owe in half. I owe £3205.72 and they have offered 24 monthly payments at £66.79= £1602.86. They have called this a '50% short term staggered settlement'

I never asked for this or for anything really. But it's interesting that as soon as I protested they have the ability to cut my debt in half. It may help some of you others that still owe never decreasing amounts to them. Bear in mind also that I had the interest on this loan stopped ages ago and have been paying reduced payments for about 18 months.

I'm not sure what to do now. I still want to pursue the PPI and charges regardless of anything else.

I just don't know wether to commence with this plan and pursue the PPI and charges as a seperate matter...or what. I'm not sure really what other options I have. The thought of paying them for another whole 2 years is galling but the alternative might be that I never get rid of this debt.

Has anyone else been in this position?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me if it is legal to change a policy without advising and writing to the customer? I've received a letter from MR S with copy of the policy that is different to mine....In mine it says that i can cancel PPI and if i have't claim anything back it could be refunded...Mr S sent me copy with crossed over policy number and cancellation paragraph says different....I phoned him and faxed my policy copies, and he said he would write back to me..Also in my agreement it says that loan is secured, but i never had a property on my name...

Can i use it somehow against WF?

Thank you

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

Hi falcon185,

Re:- settlement of 50% payments.

At the end of the day the decision is yours but if your charges and PPI come to more than the settlement I would say accept the 50% reduction as part payment towards the charges and PPI and continue to pursue the difference.

Good luck

sandra

Ok so got a letter from Welcome today saying no we're not paying you and stop annoying us if your not going to take us to court. (we're prepared to accept court papers at the above address, and will enter into no further correspondence on this matter)

Blinking typical of them that i have to spend another £120 court fees out to get MY money back!

and to make matters worse, Moneyclaim on line is down and wont let me pay to put the claim through!

£914.00 unfair bank charges recovered from NatWest after 1st letter :)

£255.00 unfair bank charges recovered from RBS after 1st letter :)

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Woolwich 2 defaults removed, 1 ccj removed. My credit file is now clean :D

Hi Carinas,

any joy with MCOL yet or is it still down?

Keep us posted as to how things progress and although you dont need it, good luck ;-)

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

These people are the worst, honestly I am having heaps of probs with them to the point of remortgaging my house to pay them off to the value of 17.500 on a secured loan due to complete this Friday. Once they are cleared i am going to send them a SAR and find out exactly how they got to that figure and claim back anything that is not legal or unlawfull.

Hi dolphinbeds, I think almost everyone on here who have had dealings with Welcome would have rather gone to a bank in the first place. The problem is, when things are bad the banks wont help you, the last resort is using Welcome. I can bet a pound to a pinch of salt anyone who uses this thread would have rather had used a Bank but couldnt, hence Welcome gets fat on people in financial difficulty.

• Haha 1

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

I, like a few didnt have any choice in the matter!!!

I went to YES car credit (dont ask!!) and it was them who put my purchase with welcome. After hours of being used as a verbal punchbag by the manager and salesman, I signed and got the hell outta there. It was only a few days later when I received a letter welcoming me to Welcome finance that I was enlightened. My agreement has Direct car Finance stamped on it under the salesmans signature so thats who i believed finance was with. If i had been told it was Welcome, I wouldve walked home!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read throught the

FAQ's and when your ready, start a thread in your banks forum to keep us all updated!

If the information I have provided is useful, please click the scales!

Ozzy

The 50% thing sounds like what they have offered me. My post is on the previous page to this one.

I complained about the huge balance I had still to pay and the next day I got a letter offering to half the balance and pay it off in 24 months.

I expect they can do this as most of the balance left is made up of PPI and ridiculous charges. By slashing the balance in half they're probably not losing any money and more likely still lining their pockets. They're making out like they're doing YOU a favour when really they are just removing(some) of the extortionate charges and penalties that they added in the first place.

I requested CCA information from welcome in december just had a copy of the agreement.

They also registered two defaults for this account.

Here the bonus for me now. I have an original copy with two typing errors. the copy they have sent although appearing to have my signiture has no typo errors.

What does this mean.

It is also dated by welcome prior to me allegedly signing.

I have contacted Hillesdon who have closed the account. Just need default shifting now.

Still contemplating legal action what do you think?

SBFIDO

Accredited Member of the CIEH

No more will I be bullied or harassed.

When informed that the call is recorded for training and monitoring I always say I don't want it used for training. :razz:

I always ask for the ICO registration information - they often dont have it, shame i never discuss my personal data unless I know they comply with the DPA.

Finally I always record calls and state at the start of there call. Although I don't have too.

Hi everyone!

Hows your Welcome fight coming along? I think we need an update, it seems a little slow on here recently, and i know welcome are so an so's to deal with so maybe we need some moral raising updates!! :D

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Hi Carinas,

no update my end at the moment, still trawling through all the so called paperwork they sent me. As soon as I have read and digested I will be back posting on my fight for freedom ;-)

Hi everyone,

Advert in Sun news paper today. If anyone is interested in a new job

A More rewarding Role? Welcome car Finance , Sales Executive OTE 45 - £66 + per annum (Edinburgh) part of Cattles PLC one of the leading providers of financial services.

You need the following for the job,

Building excellent client relationships, the kind of person who puts every customer first. In fact your only happy if they leave with a big smile OF their face.

I think the of was supposed to be on their face but it is usually OFF where welcome are concerned.

:rolleyes: thats a brilliant typo for Welcome ! :p

i am so glad welcome is on here

we took a loan with them back in 1999 for 500 then a year later for 700 we also had car finace for about 4000 we were paying 256 up until last year when we had enough of paying them and the bill not coming down just going up.the late charges interest and more was really bad guess how much we still owe them? 7000 pound we have told them we are only paying 20 a month

we had the ppi but did not want it also they have rewrote the loans loads of times would i have a case

Hi tr1979,

it appears most people who have had the misfortune of dealing with (un)Welcome may have a case, I would start off sending them an SAR. Once you have the documents sent to you, you can then go through them and see what you may be able to claim back from these parasites. Keep us updated on here, if we can help in any way post your questions and someone will assist you when they can. Good luck! :-D

oh my god.

I have just read the 1st 2 pages and made my mind up about this company already

I signed a agreement with welcome on thursday but am going to cancel it cause i have thought about it and its mental about of money and throwing away and i can get a proper loan in 10 months time once i get a few defaults and a CCJ removed from my file.

thank you

Your more than "welcome" fairmorn308, I'm glad you took the time to do a little research and that you have benefitted from it. Hope all goes well for you in 10 months time :-D

Bazza

well the loan for HP was for £5057 and i never knew never about the other charges until i had to sign agreement but which i will cancel cause legally am still within my cooling off period. Reason i wanted the loan as found a car i really wanted but then really thought i only need to wait a few months before i can get it properly.

amount of goods £5057

amount of credit insurance £1978

total credit £7035

48 monthly payments of £271

Total payable of goods £9553

Total payable for insurance £3562

Total amount payable £13115

OUCH!!! And did they say to you that the loan would only be given if you took out the PPI with it??