Didn't we vote against the AV system?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was under the impression that we had a referendum which rejected the Alternative Voting system? Why was it used to elect the police commissioners or have I missed something?

The good thing is that Prescott never got elected as a police commissioner, but IMHO the AV system is not very democratic.

What is your take on this?

ironicly yes, if it was First Past The Post then prescott would've been in! :)

Yeah that is the weird part. I think that any election where voter turn out is less than 40% should be declared null & void! The would get them out on the streets canvassing for votes where you can ask the candidate questions.

I was under the impression that we had a referendum which rejected the Alternative Voting system? Why was it used to elect the police commissioners or have I missed something?
the police one wasn't quite full AV, was the 'supplementary vote'. anyway, afaik, the 'av' referendum only applied to parliament/council elections. any other (except euros) to be determined by the govt at the time (didn't labour bring this police one in)? Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

(didn't labour bring this police one in)?

Nope, the coalition brought this one in. (Although I'm pretty sure they wish they could blame Labour for it)

My advice is given based on personal experience and any useful information I've picked up over the years. Always seek professional advice if there's any doubt.

<Please feel free to click on the star if you think I've been helpful

Nope, the coalition brought this one in. ....)

oh ok. good job then for them that it was SV! otherwise prescott would've been in. maybe they knew he would be standing, and there would be a low turnout, and wanted to cover themselves :)

IMO

:-):rant: