Kirsty v Nationwide

kc_31
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya Kirsty

We are at Exactly the same stage, same day and everything!

exiciting innit?!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They closed my account last week, I had owed them £43 in charges for about six months, they can pay themselves back out of the refund they WILL be giving me.

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

Wait exactly two weeks from the day they would of recieved the lba

thats plenty of time for them to pay up without the interest and court costs being added.

If they want to pay these extra amounts, who are we to argue eh?!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

lol @ you!

It will come up as being signed with your name printed

Oh and apparently its the piper address you need to use!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

yea thats right

this one:

nationwide BS

nationwide house

pipers way

swindon

sn38 1nw

• Haha 1

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Nah not a dickie bird

Im filing next Tuesday, so If they are planning on settling out of court they had better get a wriggle on.........but I'm not holding my breath lol

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

lol To be fair Emma the 24th was only three days ago and two of those were the weekend

Patience is a virtue or so Im told!

Mine was issued today, seriously not expecting to hear anymore for at least another week, course though, would be nice if I did!!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Apologies to Kirsty who seems to have had her thread somewhat Hijacked!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

lol Emma you tickle me pink, there is something about your posts that have me lol (ing) literally!

You deffo aren't alone with the nerves, this is my second claim, but I still have waves of nausea. Thing is though, last time, I got a refund, I had this day of elation then I realised I missed the thrill of the chase, Ya know, a bit like when christmas is finally over and everyone has gone back to work! lol

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Well done Emma!

Must be ours next eh Kirsty?!

fingers crossed anyways.

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Hiya Kirsty

You cant add charges that haven't actually gone out of your account yet, all you can do with these, is ask Nationwide nicely for them back..........chances are you will get them after you have already successfully got a refund, I know I did with Halifax.

You work out your daily rate by taking your figure and timesing it by 0.0002

hope this helps

good luck!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

I haven't done a N1 form before, as I borrowed my friend card, I only have Electron too!

I have just found this though

PARTICULARS OF CLAIM

1. The Claimant [has] [had] an account 1 ("the Account") with the Defendant which was opened on or around 2 [and closed on or around 2 ]

2. During the period in which the Account [has been] [was] operating the Defendant debited numerous charges to the Account in respect of purported breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant and also charged interest on the charges once applied. The Claimant understands that the Defendant contends that the charges were debited in accordance with the terms of the contract between itself and the Claimant.

3. A list of the charges applied is attached to these particulars of claim.

4. The Claimant contends that:

a) The charges debited to the Account are punitive in nature; are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the Defendant; exceed any alleged actual loss to the Defendant in respect of any breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant; and are not intended to represent or related to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly enrich the Defendant which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit.

b) The contractual provision that permits the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable by virtue of the Unfair Contract Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999), the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the common law.

5. Accordingly the Claimant claims:

a) the return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of £ 3 and any interest charged thereon;

b) Court costs;

c) Interest pursuant to section 69 County Courts Act as set out on the attached list of charges or at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

I believe that the contents of these particulars of claim are true

Signed:

Date:

Notes:

Delete words in square brackets if not applicable

1. Insert a/c no.

2. Insert Date

3. Insert Sum

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Yea sorry, as soon as I posted I realised it wasnt what you wanted, and am frantically searching the forums to find the answers!

I have worked out that you can send the printed form with a postal order to the court.

or if you can find someone that will let you use their card you could still use mcol, they take every other card but Electron, which if your luck is anything like mine .........typical!

Let me know how you are doing, and if you still need help I will search again tomorrow for you, cos I don't do the work thing! lol

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

I did do the work thing, then got pregnant, did it again then got pregnant, did it again and got pregnant. Went back to work, youngest got to nine years old and life was settled then .....................I got pregnant!

Little girl after seventeen years of producing boys!

I decided that was it until she was old enough to fend for herself, mainly cos I don't wanna miss a thing, but also worried that history will repeat itself......... I'm too old for all that kinda thing !

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Hows it going Kirsty?

You heard anything yet?

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Only one thing you can do........................

Completely ignore them

Its a standard bog off letter.

Start your court claim and continue the fight

good luck!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Sorry you have lost me!

A copy of what?

How far have you actually got with the claim, and why have you sent the bank your bank statements?

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

So the local branch have had a copy of your schedule of charges, your preliminary letter, and your letter before action?

Has it been your local branch that have answered or have they been forwarding your letters onto Electra house?

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Well done Weds!!!!!

That extra £20 will be mine though! lol............they underpaid me by £19

Well to be honest they havent paid me at all, the letter, with the cheque enclosed, didnt have a cheque enclosed!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

No!!

I rang them again at half four, and that department had gone home, someone will call today, Im not holding my breath though.

I will end up calling again if there is nothing in the post.

Will let you know what happens.

Have you heard anymore yet?

x

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

congratulations..........now what we gonna do for kicks eh?! lol

xx

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

I have Welcome, barclaycard, capital one and Abbey left

but they are all being done just to reduce the outstanding debt, so not quite so much fun. S'ok though Kirsty is buying the drinks after her hsbc one!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Easily confuddled?

and

Gerrof my font

;)

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

rofl

call yaself Milktrayman, but you aint a t**t eh?!

Do ya S.A.R. and stop playing with your colour pallette.

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

See how he goads me into a response?!!?

Aren't you supposed to be hanging outside ladies changing rooms somewhere?

lol

ere........You arent a aol chatter are ya? You seem familiar!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled