Advice please, Anti Roll bar snapped replaced less than 12 months ago

Lazyboy76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I bought a new "Original Birth" front Anti Roll Bar from an online company at the end of January 2012, It's just snapped, I have spoken to the supplier and they said that I would have to pay for a new one and they would collect the broken one and send it back to the Manufacturer. My Mechanic has said that it shouldn't break and the suppliers are also surprised that it's broken. I said that I would want to claim the money back for the parts and the labour. The suppliers have told me that I may get my money back for the faulty part but it's unlikely they would not pay for the labour. I have put my complaint in an email to them and kept a copy.

Has anyone got any advice please?

An anti-roll bar should last the life of the vehicle, so this is very strange occurance and I can see why the suppliers are sceptical.

I think you would need to establish a design flaw, either via automative engineers report which would be more expensive than the part or provide proof of similar failures for others.