duplicate defaults 1st credit

Wato
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I currently am dealing with lloyds/1st credit over my bank account and loan which I defaulted on in 2008.

I checked my credit file and basically I have 2 defaults off lloyds and now 1st credit have added another 2 for the same accounts

loyds tsb current account default date 16/04/08

lloyds loan default date 16/04/08

1ST CREDIT LIMITED Current Account Default 21/04/2008

1ST CREDIT LIMITED Loan Default 21/04/2008

I am aware 1st credit were assigned the debt on 6/8/12,

I pretty sure I cant have duplicate defaults so who do I send a letter to to get them removed is it lloyds or 1st credit,also are there any template letters I could use, Iv emailed experian but they have just fobbed me off.

cheers Wato

You need to contact ther data controller at Lloyds, to require the removal of the entries.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

this is the new response i have got from credit expert about the two defaults:

"I am sorry that you were not happy with our previous response. When an account is taken over by another company it is possible for both companies to record the details on your credit report as this reflects the history of the account. However, the accounts in question should also show that the debt has been assigned to another company as well as showing the same original account details, for example, the start date and the default balance.

In view of your comments, I am contacting 1st Credit Limited as I am unable to amend the information without their consent.

I am also adding our standard dispute statement to this information.

"The consumer has disputed the accuracy of this entry and we have therefore asked the provider to investigate it. Given that this data is disputed, please take care if making an assessment of any kind that may include this data."

I will let you know what they say as soon as they reply."

my understanding of this is that they are saying you can have two defaults for the same accounts but I still cant believe it :/

also im struggling to find the address for lloyds data controller, Is it just the generic lloyds tsb address or is there a specific department address does anyone know

many thanks wato

No they are not saying that there can be two ''defaults for one debt'' they mean that the entries are intended to show the history of the account ie the original account details and default and the ''progress'' of the debt on sale to a debt purchaser and updated to show the new owners details.

The default date must renain the same.`

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: