Expedia saying ticket is not valid for travel

axil23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bought a ticket from Expedia 2 months back and got it for a great price. I spoke with customer service at Expedia and also sent emails to them to confirm that the tickets were ok to travel on. They confirmed in writing that all was ok and that the ticket was valid for travel.

Then last week again I spoke with Expedia and said that I was heading for the Far east (my ticket is Far east to UK one way) and that if they have any issues please let me know now. They said all was good and that fare that I paid was valid for that ticket. I paid around $1000 for a one way flight back which normally sells for around $3,000. This is nothing that cheap as Airlines normally have sales. BA had one last week for $1,200 return to Seoul in Business.

Now I am in the Far east and my flight is on Saturday and they call me two days back to say that the airline will not allow me to fly as the ticket was wrongly priced. This is no fault of mine. I booked 2 months back and they took the payment and also confirmed my numerous emails to say price was right.

I have been speaking with a agent in Expedia UK for last two days who has been very understanding and she took approval from her superiors to rebook me on another flight back home for free and give a refund as a gesture of good will for the trouble I have been through. Have had to make around 2-3 hrs of phone calls from a local sim card back to the UK.

Anyway last night I get a call from Expedia USA to say that they are calling from head office and they will not do anything for me other then provide a full refund. That they do not agree with what the rep or her manager have advised me.

I have recordings of the conversation between me and expedia rep and she agrees that its completely Expedia's fault and that they will get me back home. Also that she has taken approval from management for the same.

What can I do? What are my legal rights?