style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, just a brief insight into my experience so far with UJM.

I was presented the relevant paperwork on a recent sign date (15/11) and signed as normal on that day.

Returning two weeks later with my completed jobsearch (29/11) to sign again, I had registered and begun using UJM on 23/11 and had applied for jobs through that service until 29/11, but the week prior to that I just applied to jobs via company websites etc.

Interestingly, yesterday i received a letter saying; 'A doubt has arisen on your claim for JSA as it appears that from 16/11 to 22/11 you may not have taken sufficient or appropriate steps to find work.'

So, it looks like I am due for a sanction as the letter does state that JSA cannot be paid until a decision is reached.

I find it very much of a coincidence that the week prior to signing up to UJM has been flagged as 'you didnt do enough'.

I am going in to the Jobcentre tomorrow and will report my findings back here.

. It sounds very much like you will be sanctioned, I said earlier in a reply they are looking for any excuse to sanction now, this is what the Tories represent drive the working class into the gutter the ones who genuinly want to work and leave the persistant hardcore to their own devices!! I regularly see them hanging around town with cans of beer and obviously no intention of working.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

. It sounds very much like you will be sanctioned, I said earlier in a reply they are looking for any excuse to sanction now, this is what the Tories represent drive the working class into the gutter the ones who genuinly want to work and leave the persistant hardcore to their own devices!! I regularly see them hanging around town with cans of beer and obviously no intention of working.

I don't see any legal justification for the OP to be sanctioned because:

1) He/she can give evidence that he/she has been actively looking for work in other ways than the (lousy) UJM.

2) On the UJM website you can add notes where you can make yourself a reminder of the actions you've taken.

The best thing is to remove consent for the Advisor to be able to look at your profile.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

I don't see any legal justification for the OP to be sanctioned because:

1) He/she can give evidence that he/she has been actively looking for work in other ways than the (lousy) UJM.

2) On the UJM website you can add notes where you can make yourself a reminder of the actions you've taken.

The best thing is to remove consent for the Advisor to be able to look at your profile.

In my experience my advisor wasn't interested in any evidence I had to show, the useless job books they give us and can't fit anything in them so I jotted all my job seeking activities in a book what I did and job details but when I presented this to him he never even offered to look at it. All he was bothered about was the fact that I had not applied for one job he printed off his system which resulted in a 3 month sanction and a first offence I appealed with a very strong complaint letter and the paperwork and had to apply for hardship payments and didn't get a penny and got no where with my appeal very bitter toward the system and the advisor although he was doing his job and now things are getting tighter I was given new paperwork showing more reasons for sanctioning.

well i wouldn't put anything past jobcentre staff, most of them are all smug towards the unemployed.

That's not really true. The DWP/Jobcentre Plus is a huge organisation with a lot of staff. Pick any 80,000 people at random and some proportion of them are going to be nasty people. And, of course, some will be lovely. Most, though, are just regular folks doing a job to feed their families.

In any case, we don't really like people insulting DWP staff on this forum, as we have posters here who are current or former DWP staffers and who offer excellent advice in their free time for no reward.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hiya Guys

For those of you who are being bullied by your advisor regarding the UJM..

Go to this DWP site

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/universal-jobmatch-faqs.pdf

Print of the page, especially Q8..

Q8. Does everyone have to register to search for jobs?

No, but if not, jobseeker’s will not be able to access all the facilities listed in

question 7.

Nimitz

• Confused 1

That's not really true. The DWP/Jobcentre Plus is a huge organisation with a lot of staff. Pick any 80,000 people at random and some proportion of them are going to be nasty people. And, of course, some will be lovely. Most, though, are just regular folks doing a job to feed their families.

In any case, we don't really like people insulting DWP staff on this forum, as we have posters here who are current or former DWP staffers and who offer excellent advice in their free time for no reward.

i was only saying that thats the experience ive had with them...sorry if i caused any offence. the person i saw in the jobcentre last week gave me a piece of paper explaining how to use universal jobmatch, does that mean i have to sign up before my next signing day or get sanctioned? :???:

i was only saying that thats the experience ive had with them...sorry if i caused any offence. the person i saw in the jobcentre last week gave me a piece of paper explaining how to use universal jobmatch, does that mean i have to sign up before my next signing day or get sanctioned? :???:

Joeski

The UJM is optional... the DWP themselves say its optional... go to their UJM faqs site at

and see for yourself. Question 8..

Nimitz

Joeski

The UJM is optional... the DWP themselves say its optional... go to their UJM faqs site at

and see for yourself. Question 8..

Nimitz

thanks, its just i thought that gingertrucker was saying he got told about UJM and didn't sign up for a few days after signing and he got sanctioned.

thanks, its just i thought that gingertrucker was saying he got told about UJM and didn't sign up for a few days after signing and he got sanctioned.

Hiya Mate

Remember this......read the guidance from the DWP... get to know the rules....

If gingertrucker was sanctioned for not signing up to UJM, then he should put in a formal complaint and get the sanctioned removed.

The DWP rules for UJM and also Work Programme are free for anyone to read. However most people dont read them, some people dont know they exist etc etc..... so they end up being bullied and stressed out...

Copy these links into your favorites/bookmarks etc... they contain everything you need to know..

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/action_plan_templates#incoming-251130

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/supplying-dwp/what-we-buy/welfare-to-work-services/provider-guidance/work-programme-provider.shtml

Also withdraw your data consent.

Nimitz

Lol I am willing to bet there will be lots more of these spoof jobs, The Anonymous Hacking group are showing some interest in UJ as well HM Gov don't know what they have let themselves in for!

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Hiya Mate

Remember this......read the guidance from the DWP... get to know the rules....

If gingertrucker was sanctioned for not signing up to UJM, then he should put in a formal complaint and get the sanctioned removed.

The DWP rules for UJM and also Work Programme are free for anyone to read. However most people dont read them, some people dont know they exist etc etc..... so they end up being bullied and stressed out...

Copy these links into your favorites/bookmarks etc... they contain everything you need to know..

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/action_plan_templates#incoming-251130

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/supplying-dwp/what-we-buy/welfare-to-work-services/provider-guidance/work-programme-provider.shtml

Also withdraw your data consent.

Nimitz

cheers, ive saved them and im gonna have a read :) how will i know if im getting sanctioned?

Lol I am willing to bet there will be lots more of these spoof jobs, The Anonymous Hacking group are showing some interest in UJ as well HM Gov don't know what they have let themselves in for!

Oh goody. [/sarcasm]

Whatever they do, I hope it doesn't involve exposing the personal details of jobseekers, or result in people not being able to prove their job search and ending up sanctioned. I'm all for taking a stand, but not if it involves shooting myself or other people in the foot.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

cheers, ive saved them and im gonna have a read :) how will i know if im getting sanctioned?

Hiya

Ask your advisor, and ask on what grounds are you being sanctioned.. They must have a good reason.

The Labour Market Decision Maker will decide, however they must have "good reason"....

Read the stuff in those links.

Nimitz

Hiya

Ask your advisor, and ask on what grounds are you being sanctioned.. They must have a good reason.

The Labour Market Decision Maker will decide, however they must have "good reason"....

Read the stuff in those links.

Nimitz

i don't know that i'm been sanctioned yet, just me worrying in case i am :sad:

Under the new sanction regime customers referred for ASE referrals are advised to contact the JCP office 3 workings days after they attended and were advised of the doubt and a decision is normally expected to have been made within that time scale.

If you are disallowed for ASE then it is a disallowance not a sanction which means all benefits are disallowed for the 2 week period including Housing benefit and council tax benefit and then you JSA claim is referred for a further 2 week sanction following the disallowance so it is possible 4 weeks without payment.

Under the new sanction regime customers referred for ASE referrals are advised to contact the JCP office 3 workings days after they attended and were advised of the doubt and a decision is normally expected to have been made within that time scale.

If you are disallowed for ASE then it is a disallowance not a sanction which means all benefits are disallowed for the 2 week period including Housing benefit and council tax benefit and then you JSA claim is referred for a further 2 week sanction following the disallowance so it is possible 4 weeks without payment.

Seriously shocking when you can have applied for 20 jobs in a week and then get a disallowance for not applying for one job given by the adviser which you might have felt was unsuitable.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

so i would have been told there and then if i was gonna be sanctioned last thursday?