style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh well, I have no landline, no computer and cant use a computer because Im a technophobe.

Also when they send me on a course I will just fail it.

My memory is very bad and I will never remember passwords ect.

It like this, if anyone but anyone tells me to do something or trys to push me into doing something I dont like it. However I will, when ready look for work and will start working. When I say ready I mean healthy enough, both physically and mentaly.

Why cant they just leave people alone. Its not like there are millions of full time well paid jobs just waiting for us out there.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will lmao when I come across a UJM bott.

No more sitting in front of your computer all day. Just install the bott and it will search through UJM applying for jobs and sending your cv out all day long whilst you go shopping or sun bathe in your garden.

There are many computer programs out on the net and this will be out there in the future its just a matter of time.

Oh and I look forward to Anonymous hacking into the site. I have heard some noises about it already.

I would like some feed back on this

Under the job seekers allowance regulations 2013

People claiming JSA under these regulations will, as with UC claimants, generally be expected to be available for full-time work immediately, depending on their commitments and capabilities, and to treat their day-to-day work search as if it were a full-time job. This means that they will be expected normally to demonstrate that they are spending 35 hours per week finding a job.

What i would like to know is how can the job centre staff demand you spend 35 hours a week job searching when the above bill has yet to be approved in the house of lords, let alone apply any punative sanctions.

In Other words the Job Seekers Allowance Regulations 2013 have not become law on the 35 hour week conditions. The Job Seekers Allowance Regulations 2013 is still a draft bill and has not yet become a Statutory Instrument

the bill has yet to be approved

Edited by squaddie

My "adviser" at the JobCentre even advised me to remove my academic qualifications and work experience from my CV in case I "intimidated" any potential employers. They'd soon know I had academic qualifications once I opened my mouth (posh old bird) and when I'd ticked the student loan deduction box.

Rant over for today!! :-)

Impecunious! :-)

Surely they shouldnt even suggest messing around with your CV in this way!!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

What is the procedure when you first sign on?. Can they insist on you giving them a copy of your CV? , when you sign a JS agreement , does this give any rights away /sign you up to UJM?.

I will be claiming JSA in a week or so, so looking for any tips / advice.

The Universal Jobmatch is engineered to fail. The Tories, on behalf of their wealthy donors who don't pay tax in this country and possibly nowhere else, want us to fail finding a job and eventually lose our benefits, so that taxpayers' money is diverted from welfare payments to bailing out the big corporations, to which the essential rule of capitalism (fail and go bust) doesn't apply.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Surely they shouldnt even suggest messing around with your CV in this way!!

Not unusual, CitizenB. One of my advisers made me remove qualifications/courses (apparently they're not relevant to what I'm applying for, and will make employers think I'm over qualified) and my date of birth (I like to think in my mid-thirties I still have a little bit to offer, thanks very much).

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

There's a possible theory, of which I'm sure you're aware, being Universal Credit, Universal Jobs Match, that Cameron has set up IDS to fail miserably in his present post, thus destroying whatever credibility he still has within the party, and removing him once and for all

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Not unusual, CitizenB. One of my advisers made me remove qualifications/courses (apparently they're not relevant to what I'm applying for, and will make employers think I'm over qualified) and my date of birth (I like to think in my mid-thirties I still have a little bit to offer, thanks very much).

I agree with omitting date of birth from CV's, especially for those of us that have hit our fifties! It's hard enough getting to interview stage without being illegally discriminated against on age grounds.

Removing courses and university time leaves large gaps in a CV that have to be covered up, so it's down to lying on a CV which will result in dismissal if caught out, and I believe it's technically fraud anyway, I used to alter CV's about so much that eventually I had about a dozen all slightly different from each other, it got to the stage where I became so confused over which was which that I gave up in the end and went back to my original, warts and all.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I see no reason to include date of birth but to be told to remove qualifications is very wrong and the advisors should be prevented from asking / demanding people do this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4167204.stm

http://www.cpl.ie/blog/post/cvs-more-fiction-less-fact/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Job_fraud

xx

Résumé fraud or application fraud refers to any act that involves providing fictitious, exaggerated, or otherwise misleading information on a job application or résumé in hopes of persuading a potential employer to hire an applicant for a job they may be unqualified for or less qualified than other applicants.[1] Depending on the nature of the offense, the type of job, and the jurisdiction where it occurs, such an act may or may not be a violation of criminal law. In any case, knowingly providing inaccurate information to an employer or potential employer, if discovered by the employer, is almost always grounds for immediate dismissal from the job or else denial of that job

BCOBS

I agree with omitting date of birth from CV's, especially for those of us that have hit our fifties! It's hard enough getting to interview stage without being illegally discriminated against on age grounds.

Removing courses and university time leaves large gaps in a CV that have to be covered up, so it's down to lying on a CV which will result in dismissal if caught out, and I believe it's technically fraud anyway, I used to alter CV's about so much that eventually I had about a dozen all slightly different from each other, it got to the stage where I became so confused over which was which that I gave up in the end and went back to my original, warts and all.

I know the feeling. I try to do a CV tailored to each job, particularly if they provide a person specification, but I have so many now that if I bound them all they'd look like a family bible. Plus, I made an absolute clanger when I was copy/pasting once, and sent a CV out that said I'd been unemployed between 2001 and 2011. :sad:

I completely agree that it qualifies as lying on a CV, by the way. I just smiled, nodded and carried on sending out CV's with everything on them.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Funny you should talk about preparing to run your own business. Only yesterday I was thinking that now I am in the support group and safe from the likes of DWP and W2W there may well be a time in the near future, like at my next assesment, when I will be in WRAG or in deep poo poo street.

So I was thinking it would be an ideal time to start setting up my own business. Buy stock, get a website sorted and basicaly prepare but I have a few major problems.

Health aint to good so heavy manual work is out. Although I can drive for now my heart can cause me to pass out so could be banned again for six months or total ban. My HGV was taken from me :-(

But my biggest problem is trying to work out what business to do. I dont have a trade and have no academic qualifications.

Need ideas lol

Dyfed - it definitely makes life a bit easier when you can remove yourself from the clutches of DWP and W2W ..... Obviously self-employment isn't for everyone but it wouldn't hurt to perhaps just make a list of all the things you can do and that interest you ........ instead on concentrating on the things you can't do and start small. I re-invent myself regularly, so don't think you have to sustain the same type of job long-term. Be flexible. I hate the saying "Think outside the box" - but try to be open-minded.

• Look on e-bay .... you'll be surprised what sells. Pick out some of the more unusual ranges - for example, gents/ladies' shoes in VERY LARGE sizes, PETITE sizes - go to factory shops and pick up "seconds" to resell - people love bargains - look at joblots to sell and advertise on free ad sites.
  • If you like history and have knowledge of your local area -- arrange guided walking tours for visitors, holiday-makers - end the tour with lunch or dinner at a local pub/restaurant - negotiate a great deal with the landlord/owner - ask for commission per head for putting additional business their way. Or, you could provide them with picnic style lunches to eat al fresco.
  • If you like light gardening or pottering around, perhaps offer general handyman services.
  • Buy plant "plugs"- pot them up, nurture them and sell on to friends and neighbours. Great time of year to do this.

The possibilities are limitless really.

Think about what you'd like to do on a small scale before investing in lots of stock or the cost of the website and see how it goes. On JSA, only the first £5.00 of any income I make is disregarded but I think your allowance could be £20/week. Might be worthwhile just asking.

Hope this gives you food for thought. Get started on that list!!

Good luck!

Impecunious! :-D

I was once told by the jc advisor not to declare any illness or health conditions on cv.....at the time I had been diagnosed with anxiety and depression which later was then diagnosed as bipolar disorder and cmht gave me CBT etc, I remain on meds and also have FMS and Polymyalgia. I wouldn't think it right to not make any future prospective employer aware ? the advisor told me not to put in on cv as it was none of their business?..........hmmmmm

I was once told by the jc advisor not to declare any illness or health conditions on cv.....at the time I had been diagnosed with anxiety and depression which later was then diagnosed as bipolar disorder and cmht gave me CBT etc, I remain on meds and also have FMS and Polymyalgia. I wouldn't think it right to not make any future prospective employer aware ? the advisor told me not to put in on cv as it was none of their business?..........hmmmmm

So you then go on to be ill at work and any sick note advises the employer that you have an ongoing illness !! What then.

Would they advise someone with epilepsy to leave that off their CV ?

This is downright scary ?

BCOBS

What is the procedure when you first sign on?. Can they insist on you giving them a copy of your CV? , when you sign a JS agreement , does this give any rights away /sign you up to UJM?.

I will be claiming JSA in a week or so, so looking for any tips / advice.

It is reasonable to be asked to provide a copy of a CV for review, but a hard copy is sufficient. It is not necessary to provide a copy for retention, or email a copy, although this will be the choice of the candidate.

According to the PCS Union, Section 3 and Paragraphs 50 and 52 state that

i) a Job Seekers Direction may not be used to compel a candidate to create an Account on UJ, to create a profile and upload a CV,

and

ii) candidates have freedom of choice to provide a record of job search activity in accordance with their beliefs.

Of course, some JCP Managers and Staff have been providing misinformation to candidates, suggesting that it is mandatory to create an account on UJ when it is not... if, when faced with adversarial questioning, continue to read the boards and read the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy which candidates have to sign up to when creating a UJ Account.

my answer to that advisor was that I refused to do that....unless he could confirm that if I then went on to lose my job through ongoing illness that I hadn't declared on cv, would he guarantee I would still get out of work benefits? or would it be my own fault as hadn't declared the illness?......I never went back, the whole procedure added to my illness and my then GP gave me sick notes until I eventually got on incapacity. if I get sent back to jc for jsa or whatever it is now, I will be recording all appts, and to hell with it.

I've got another fortnightly meeting today, my job log records that I have applied for 29 jobs in the last fortnight.... how I love to wind them up! None of the jobs are on the UJM system as five jobs are on the company's own private systems to which they have given me access!

A lot of big companies are now refusing to put their jobs on the UJM system - due to the wrong type of applicant applying - I've been told this verbally.

Roll on March when I have two interviews and hopefully will get one of the posts.

I will report back later if there is anything new to add to this thread.

I've got another fortnightly meeting today, my job log records that I have applied for 29 jobs in the last fortnight.... how I love to wind them up! None of the jobs are on the UJM system as five jobs are on the company's own private systems to which they have given me access!

A lot of big companies are now refusing to put their jobs on the UJM system - due to the wrong type of applicant applying - I've been told this verbally.

Roll on March when I have two interviews and hopefully will get one of the posts.

I will report back later if there is anything new to add to this thread.

Rather than demean the stature of clerks within JCP, and ignore UJ altogether, you could simply use UJ to identify Job Leads and, after for applying for specific vacancies, add these to a separate UJ job search record. Of course, you should really pay particular attention to those job leads, reported within UJ, and which require you to go to a separate website in order to apply, and which do not exist (ie have been deleted).

RebeccaPidgeon, I did that last time, pointed out five vacancies which had come up in the search where the closing date had been and gone, and another four which were not accessible by public transport from here within 2 hours (one job was in Birmingham).

I am known there as an 'antagonist' and as somebody who is aware of their rights and 'obligations' and uses their own 'rules and regulations' against them whenever and wherever possible.

I have told them the best use of the UJM system would be to have vacancies on there ONLY open to jobseekers, which guarantee anyone claiming JSA would be GUARANTEED an inteview - of course the vacancy should be for more than 6 months, and for the first three months all transport expenses to and from the workplace should be paid to make up for the lower wage advertised.

I've drawn up a little plan I am going to give them how the system SHOULD work and give a copy to my local MP, to prove that I have alternative job skills which are being under utilised and I would make a brilliant consultant for them as I have had first hand experience of the uselessness of the current system!

Today was 'proactive' time - they actually have an 'Interview Skills' course the week before my interview (first in ages and I do want the job) so I have taken a place for that.

After that they have several others I am tentatively booked into - hopefully I won't need them but you never know.

As I say, plenty of ways of playing the game, their way, your way, or to everybody's satisfaction.... the more you vary your approach the more they have to stay on their toes to catch up!

Today was 'proactive' time - they actually have an 'Interview Skills' course the week before my interview (first in ages and I do want the job) so I have taken a place for that.

After that they have several others I am tentatively booked into - hopefully I won't need them but you never know.

As I say, plenty of ways of playing the game, their way, your way, or to everybody's satisfaction.... the more you vary your approach the more they have to stay on their toes to catch up!

Good luck with your interviews!

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop